Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0473.JPG

I love that crown. And the color of the felt/ribbon combo is just perfect. Congrats!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1930's/1940's Adam Beau Brummel Homburg

I just got this hat today. When I first received it, there were many dirt stains, the crown was crushed, and the brim was completely warped. After a good stiff brushing, a soft brushing, a good steaming, and a total brim reshaping, I think It looks pretty good. The seller didn't tell me that a good portion of the sweatband is detached. I also didn't know that the hat is a size 7 1/4 which is way too big for me. I've never seen a Beau Brummel before and I think these early Adam's are really cool. Heres some pictures:

DSC05034.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05038.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05043.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

DSC05045.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC05049.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
I just got this hat today. When I first received it, there were many dirt stains, the crown was crushed, and the brim was completely warped. After a good stiff brushing, a soft brushing, a good steaming, and a total brim reshaping, I think It looks pretty good. The seller didn't tell me that a good portion of the sweatband is detached. I also didn't know that the hat is a size 7 1/4 which is way too big for me. I've never seen a Beau Brummel before and I think these early Adam's are really cool. Heres some pictures:

Very good Josh, shame it's too big though. Just my size though ;)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Very good Josh, shame it's too big though. Just my size though ;)
Josh that hat cleaned up nicely! Good job.

Thanks Billy & Alex!! I just wish there was a way to secure the sweatband better to ensure that it doesn't rip right out of the hat when someone wears it. The felt is actually really nice and pretty clean now. If the brim was rebound, and a replacement sweat was put in, it really would be a very wearable hat. I looked at the pencil curl when I got the hat and it looked like someone tried to flatten the brim out at one time. Just the way that the creases were, told me that the hat was suppose to have that dip in the front and back. As soon as I shaped the brim like that, all the creases and kinks in the curl straightened out. It was like the hat was telling me what it wanted. There is just the right amount of stiffener in the felt, so I when I steamed the hat, it firmed right back up. Its a really cool hat, but even with padding its too big for me.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1950's Adam Executive Strand

I just picked this up this weekend. I bought it on ebay, but it was a local seller, so I just picked it up at her antique shop. The color is very hard to take pictures of, but it looks very similar to JTL's Melton. The felt is a greyish/blue with Lavender undertones/overtones. I love the light blue brim binding. This hat is very cool. I had to do a fair share of cleaning, steaming,and shaping.

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand5.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand7.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand8.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand9.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand10.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand11.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand12.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand13.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand14.jpg

1950sAdamExecutiveStrand15.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
I just picked this up this weekend. I bought it on ebay, but it was a local seller, so I just picked it up at her antique shop. The color is very hard to take pictures of, but it looks very similar to JTL's Melton. The felt is a greyish/blue with Lavender undertones/overtones. I love the light blue brim binding. This hat is very cool. I had to do a fair share of cleaning, steaming,and shaping.

Great hat Josh. Job job on the dating ;)

flyfishark

Practically Family
Thanks so much for the info...I tried following the trail of Adams, and quickly found I was not in the Garden of Eden! I have several, so I'm sure I'll learn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe