Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
And here's what appears to be an oldie. I got this on ebay, but it arrived dirtier than it looked in the pictures; I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to put the (cleaning) work this one really needs. At any rate, it seems to be an interesting hat and worth adding to this thread . . .

Adam1.jpg

Thats really cool SteveAS. I love the raw edge with the Heather mixed felt. That hat screams 30's. How wide is that brim? Very well done. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You don't see them like that too often SteveAS. I would say that it is well worth the effort to clean it up and see what can be had of it. Looks like it still has some fantastic potential. Great find!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

SteveAS

Practically Family
You don't see them like that too often SteveAS. I would say that it is well worth the effort to clean it up and see what can be had of it. Looks like it still has some fantastic potential. Great find!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks, Dan. I agree the hat deserves to effort. I'm just not sure I have the skills, equipment, or motivation to take on the project. If I don't muster the motivation, I'll list it in the classifieds for $50, which would let me get my purchase price back and give the hat another chance in another Lounger's hands.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Recently joined the Lounge, here are a few of my Adams. The first two I found together at the S.A and paid 7 dollars for three hats (the third was a Berg Porkpie). All in my size!! The third was my Grandfathers and the last I just picked up off Ebay.Good mojo in those hats!
1000546l.jpg

1000531t.jpg

1000540l.jpg

1000552d.jpg

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
After lurking here for the last week and getting a better feel for the styles of the decades, I thought they might be from the 70's.
At least they're not polyester!! Thanks for the info, thought you might be the one to know as I see your posts throughout the Lounge usually filled with all the info I wanted to ask. Thanks

SteveAS

Practically Family
Execultive Pliant-Eze from page 29 (cont).

Very nice capture Steve. Is there a model on the tag under the sweatband?

It arrived today and I'm really happy. There's no sign it was ever worn and no signs insects ever benefited from it. I got lucky with an under-priced Buy it Now with this one.

Here are a couple more pictures. It appears the model is JW Strand? [huh] Besides these tags, there's also a union tag/stamp behind the liner, which can be seen in the second photo. Do you still suppose it's late 40s/early 50s?

IMG00076-20110119-1404.jpg

IMG00074-20110119-1403.jpg

Last edited:

billyspew

One Too Many
It arrived today and I'm really happy. There's no sign it was ever worn and no signs insects ever benefited from it. I got lucky with an under-priced Buy it Now with this one.

Here are a couple more pictures. It appears the model is JW Strand? [huh] Besides these tags, there's also a union tag/stamp behind the liner, which can be seen in the second photo. Do you still suppose it's late 40s/early 50s?

Wow, very nice. Late 40's is probably spot on correct. Strand is the model too!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I got lucky with an under-priced Buy it Now with this one.

IMG00076-20110119-1404.jpg

That has to be the deal of the century!! "Under-priced buy it now" is an understatement. The hat is absolutely stunning. I have to be honest, I would rather have that hat over a Whippet any day. I guess the seller figured that the original price was $7.50, so it MUST have doubled in price since the 40's. [huh] Very well done SteveAS. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap What kind of crease are you going to do on the crown?

SteveAS

Practically Family
Thanks, billyspew and Joshbru3!

What kind of crease are you going to do on the crown?

Thanks, gents! I like simple, diamond creases that no one would confuse for a factory crease. This one was a pleasure to crease dry; it took the basic shape with three quick motions, then accepted each little tweak immediately, so I had it set to my tastes in probably 30 seconds. Here's the result (the color is off because I had to use the flash):

IMG_0332.jpg

Alex

Practically Family
Gents, my first Adam has arrived from the bay today.
specs:
Brim - 2 1/2"
Ribbon - 1"
Crown - ~ 5" creased

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

Definitely has some blemishes. Nothing too noticeable. Brushing helped.
More pictures on my blog.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe