Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the most interesting thing you learned on the Lounge?

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
totally off topic i had never heard of a faerie ring until someone referenced them in a thread of mine.

GOK

One Too Many
No way? :eek: When I was a child I used to go looking for them and try to sit in the middle to see if I would get carted off to faerie land! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

Back on topic - the most interesting thing I have learned from the lounge is that some people don't know what faerie rings are! lol

But seriously folks.....I think it has to be how much men really do care about their appearance - here anyway. It's lovely to find so many sartorial gentlemen, and such a wealth of information too. Keep it up chaps! ;)

griffer

Practically Family
Most important thing i have learned in my two days on the Lounge?

That I am not alone.

This is such a nifty forum. I came here for hats, and found people that love bow ties, absinthe, pocket squares, fountain pens, cuff links....

And I taught some yanks about fairy rings. ;)

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
This is so lame.

"Most important thing i have learned in my two days on the Lounge?

That I am not alone."

I think that this is the most important quote that has been said in the last few days. my posts may be few, but my time put in as a member(join date) borders on almost starting to look like ive kinda been here a short while. So I've watched a lot of things go on here. Marc and Root leaving is sad. Root is my FAVORITE person to read up on. But as for people casting threads around about the lifecycle of an internet forum, and things like that, well, phooey.

Root and Marc are a GREAT source of knowledge, and it will be missed(do not take this as an insult to anyones departure!!). But knowledge is only one reason people come here. This is a group of people who gather on many levels, information being just one. How about the common passion for a way of life that may as well be gone with the wind. And oh my, how that just BEGINS to touch the surface of what dwells within this place. If two sources of knowledge leave well, thats sad. But there will be others. And there still are others. Matt's here. Miss Jutterbugdoll is in the powder room, and there are SO MANY OTHERS--things are on track. If you think this place would fold just because two guys throw in a towel, your heart was never here in the first place.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Vermifuge said:
totally off topic i had never heard of a faerie ring until someone referenced them in a thread of mine.

"" Griffer

t reminds me of the biology behind the 'fairy ring'.

The ring starts as a robust mushroom colony, buts as it spreads in size, the original founding mushrooms in the center have already gotten all the nutrients in the center and are choked out by the new growth.

The center withers and dies, all that is left are the new 'shrooms at the edges.

Hence, the faery ring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I learned that I am not the last girl in the world who goes to bed each night with her head stuck full of pins.

(I knew all about faerie rings!)

Shoot i'm lucky to have a yard where i live, but working in the city i don't think there is enough unpaved land to make a faerie dot.

B

BAZ

As crappy as AOL is, it's preferred here to my Yahoo account.
:eusa_doh:

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Like Griffer, that I am not the only one who is into classic things...also discovering new 'old' music, learning about history because I want to, not because I have to... appreciating details of things, stories and life.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I think it was once, when I was nosing around in The Powder Room, the gals were discussing what they liked in a man and a few said that they liked how men smell. Interesting.

GOK

One Too Many
Jack Scorpion said:
I think it was once, when I was nosing around in The Powder Room, the gals were discussing what they liked in a man and a few said that they liked how men smell. Interesting.

Some men smell......mmmmmmm :D

I like your new av BTW Jack.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some men smell ick :confused:

I think Ive learned that there are fellas out there who still can genuinely give a lady a compliment and want NOTHING in return for it.

Thank you.

LD

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
WILDROOT

That if a persons studies a periods (1930's/1940's) photographic record, acquires accoutrements of fashion, function & transportation of that era then enters into total immersion for creating a first person impression of the era, well then Wildroot is the "one" member of the FL that I would consider a Living Historian. :eusa_clap

Does the Fl fold because one member leaves NO, but Im glad I was here when he was here. This man raised the Vintage impression bar VERY HIGH!!!

SC :)

Hondo

One Too Many
History

I would have to say history of an era long gone but not forgotten, and that includes styles of certain period or era, I'm am so taken by many here for their help, its greatly appreciated :eusa_clap

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
What I've learned...

I've learned that I can sucessfully kill a Thread on this board by simply posting pictures of myself... (See "Men of the Lounge") ;)

[huh] -

JX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld