Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That sounds like enough food for me and one other. Of course, I am sometimes known to eat to excess.
:D
The rest of it was gone by lunch today, and all I had was the smell of taco shells cooking in the Nuwave oven as evidence.
Oh well, it's not like I haven't had tacos at least 3x in the past week.

The inlaws and the wife had burgers from a local joint, while I tried the BBQ. Well...hmm, living in an area where BBQ means a world wide contest each year, I can taste a fraud quickly. Texas is well known for BBQ beef, but apparently not with these people. The brisket and sausage had a smokey taste, but more like a wood I can't identify. Pallet perhaps?
Maybe my faith will be restored on Friday, as a local cooks Friday and Saturday, and people literally come from the surrounding towns to buy his BBQ. :D

Stomped...smashed...mashed.... it's all good. Potatoes, papas, pommes, katoffeln. .....they all make vodka!
[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Costco had fresh tuna today so tonight we have seared Ahi tuna, a bit of seared salmon with some wasabi mayo and a mess of fresh asparagus washed down with a bit of local bubbly. Our tradition is to have pub food on Fridays but lately we cook it at home. Tonight is an upscale pub night

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
And quite easy in the crock pot, too!

Tonight:
Marinated pork chops on the grill
Sauteed zucchini
Green beans
Creamed spinach
Some kind of potato (maybe smashed?)
and....

finally the pudding parfaits!
They were smashed. Baby potatoes that you first boiled, then put on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and then "smashed" with a potato masher, just not all the way through. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with s&p. Put in a hot (400 degrees) oven for 25-30 minutes. Superb!

Tonight: Pasta with homemade Alfredo sauce with spinach and broccoli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82