Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You lot aren't half giving Scotland a drubbing!

20-0 I hadn't better sound too happy, I'm sure there are celtic cousins reading this. But the Rugby just got better and better after that.
If you follow the English Premiership, you will know that the mighty, tabletop Saracens, lost at home to London Irish. Whilst my brilliant
Northampton Saints, went top after grinding out a 17-16 win at Exeter Chiefs.
And to cap it all, The Three Belles were absolutely brilliant last night. It really doesn't get much better.

I was seriously considering a champagne breakfast this morning, but we shall have toasted ciabatta bread, scrambled eggs and a couple of rashers of bacon. Fresh grapefruit and the obligatory coffee. But just in case I can convince her that the Rugby is worth celebrating, there's a half bottle of bubbly, chilling nicely, in the fridge.

Mine was Maxwell House in a percolator. I buy my coffee beans already ground. That probably makes me some sort of coffee Philistine.

And you probably mock yourself, as I do to myself. The advent of TV cooking shows and the like of such, has spawned a plethora of do's & don't's that the food police seize upon. Whatever you enjoy, enjoy. Philistine, never.

Last edited:
Breakfast tacos this morning.
Chip up potatoes and onions, fry in bacon grease til golden brown, scramble in some eggs. Fold up in tortillas with bacon, cheese, and salsa of your choice. In my case it was El Yucateco xxxtra hot Mayan flavor.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No, but I hate for it to be lonely.
Today I ate the Nueske's Applewood thick sliced bacon, and it was great. (okay so the valentines gift to my wife was for both of us)
I've had it before, as a somewhat high dollar store sells it in town.
By ordering straight from the company instead of buying it in the store, I saved $1 per pound. :D
Overall, after I added up how much bacon I bought, with shipping included, I saved enough to make it worth my while to shop online, and the triple thick butcher cut bacon isn't even sold in my town.

No, but I hate for it to be lonely.
Today I ate the Nueske's Applewood thick sliced bacon, and it was great. (okay so the valentines gift to my wife was for both of us)
I've had it before, as a somewhat high dollar store sells it in town.
By ordering straight from the company instead of buying it in the store, I saved $1 per pound. :D
Overall, after I added up how much bacon I bought, with shipping included, I saved enough to make it worth my while to shop online, and the triple thick butcher cut bacon isn't even sold in my town.

It wasn't, it had me.
:D

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Coffee and donuts

Reminds me of one of those surveys that the BBC are forever doing. In this particular case, it was about the importance of having a good breakfast inside you to start your day. The BBC had set up an outside broadcast on one of the platforms of Bristol railway station. Some poor hapless guy, racing to catch his train, got a microphone thrust in his face:
"Pardon me sir, do you mind telling me what you had for breakfast this morning?" Without breaking his stride, or even looking at the camera, he replied: "Two cigarettes, a cup of black coffee and a good cough."

Do you know, I am an ardent non smoker, but in that moment, I had the most sympathetic feeling of empathy with that man.
F***! The last thing you want, when you are late for work, is the health police from the BBC, tut-tutting about your dietry regime.

It will be cheesey fried eggs, garlic country red potatoes, toast, sausage, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a double helping of Bacon. There will be no need for lunch today. Unless a B.L.T. or two shows up.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21