Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

They all are good on fries, just depends on what mood I'm in and the context and the type of fry, though I tend to put ketchup last in the list. I much prefer mayo, hot sauce, ranch, or brown gravy on my fries. And cheese sauce (like nacho cheese sauce) of course. Sometimes even mustard (mostly only with shoestring fries).
I'd add Bleu Cheese dressing to that list. Mustard is also good on popcorn, but it can get really messy. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'd add Bleu Cheese dressing to that list. Mustard is also good on popcorn, but it can get really messy. :D

We offer a variety of flavored olive oils for popcorn topping -- not my style, but some prefer it to butterine.

I've eaten popcorn as breakfast cereal in times of desperation. Pour it in a bowl, add a little bit of hot milk, and eat it fast before it collapses. It's sort of like eating puffed wheat, but saltier.

We offer a variety of flavored olive oils for popcorn topping -- not my style, but some prefer it to butterine...
My best friend for the last 40+ years knows which theaters in the greater Los Angeles area still use good old melted butter for their popcorn, and which theaters use some sort of butter substitute. Me, I just like a little salt on my popcorn. Or, I should say I used to--popcorn is on the "do not eat" list for people like me who are trying to avoid diverticulitis. :(

...I've eaten popcorn as breakfast cereal in times of desperation. Pour it in a bowl, add a little bit of hot milk, and eat it fast before it collapses. It's sort of like eating puffed wheat, but saltier.
My wife will occasionally crumble some saltine crackers in a bowl filled with coffee and milk and eat that for breakfast. I tried a spoonful once; didn't care for it.

...I've eaten popcorn as breakfast cereal in times of desperation. Pour it in a bowl, add a little bit of hot milk, and eat it fast before it collapses. It's sort of like eating puffed wheat, but saltier.

I've eaten it for breakfast, but just as popcorn - hand into bag and then into mouth. Works in a pinch. That said, wasn't popcorn originally a breakfast food - thought I read that somewhere awhile back?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Kelloggs Frosted Flakes, (by proxy.) We actually had a cooked breakfast, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, bacon, eggs and mushrooms. The proxy part came from the jukebox, which we always play on Saturday morning. Set it to random play and just leave it. Just at the moment we were tucking in to our breakfast, Rosemary Clooney starts to sing: This Ole House. Singing the chorus is the original Tony the Tiger, Mr Thurl Ravenscroft. When I said to my wife: "This record is greeeeat," she said, "I know, I know, Tony the Tiger." You tell me everytime." I must be getting old.

green papaya

One Too Many
I never understood the vinegar with fries bit, it just doesn't appeal to me so much. An old college roomate's father used to put a couple of cheese curds in his coffee as treat at the bottom of the cup when finished the coffee.

probably from London style "Fish & Chips" they like to use a malt vinegar with it

I would eat fish and chips with vinegar for breakfast, dinner, and supper if I could without weighing 250 lbs. It's one of Cod's gifts to humanity.

Fish & Chips sounds like a good idea! But, where can I get fish & chips in Thuringia?? :D Ok, I could make some "Bratkartoffeln" and open some canned fish. ;)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
If muesli is Deutsche for fried eggs and stomped beans smothered in chili sauce, shoveled in with warm flour tortillas, and chased down with a Bohemian style lager, then yes, like yours.
[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Und noch eine Sache, die meine amigo aus Thüringen...

Having all the ingredients don’t mean squat if you don’t have the
right cook to make it taste “mucho yummy"! ;)

futdsw.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82