Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
I haven't been on in a while. This morning was started with a sort of leftover breakfast stir fry. Took last nights rice, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and fried it all in butter. Tossed in some chopped bacon, and some scrambled eggs for good measure! And topped off with a bit of homemade garlic ranch dressing. Funnily enough this was very similar to Sunday's post drinking breakfast. Substituting potatoes for the rice. On an added note, white rum is an excellent addition to homemade lemonade...

PB&J and 2 cups of black coffee

Also vodka works well.......

You guys are really working on me this morning. Vodka and lemonade with mint is one of my favorite summertime coolers. I discovered it living in Ukraine a few years ago. I am seriously thinking about ducking work early today now. Thanks for putting ideas in my head.
[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hercule

Practically Family
Stumbled across a reference to a mayonnaise and banana sandwich last night so I tried it for breakfast. It wasn't entirely objectionable, certainly not as much as it would seem. I'm not likely to try it again as I much prefer vegetables with mayo in sandwiches.

Stumbled across a reference to a mayonnaise and banana sandwich last night so I tried it for breakfast. It wasn't entirely objectionable, certainly not as much as it would seem. I'm not likely to try it again as I much prefer vegetables with mayo in sandwiches.

I've heard of that before.
Personally I much prefer mayo not in sandwiches.....or anywhere else.

[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

green papaya

One Too Many
Hash browns, eggs & sausage

2016-04-07_084051.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Waffles with the last of the OJ. Gonna need to get more, or switch to coffee, which I'm not particularly fond of.

After hearing that Europeans tend to dip their french fries in mayonnaise (instead of ketchup, as we do it here in the U.S.) I tried it. Not bad if you don't overdo it, but it didn't convince me to retire the ketchup (which I rarely use anyway).

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
After hearing that Europeans tend to dip their french fries in mayonnaise (instead of ketchup, as we do it here in the U.S.) I tried it. Not bad if you don't overdo it, but it didn't convince me to retire the ketchup (which I rarely use anyway).

I don't use mayo or ketchup, as I never acquired a taste for them.
Instead I use hot sauce on fries, with a variety (depending on taste and heat) in the pantry.
2 eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast with honey from Texas.

Hercule

Practically Family
They all are good on fries, just depends on what mood I'm in and the context and the type of fry, though I tend to put ketchup last in the list. I much prefer mayo, hot sauce, ranch, or brown gravy on my fries. And cheese sauce (like nacho cheese sauce) of course. Sometimes even mustard (mostly only with shoestring fries).

Hercule

Practically Family
I never understood the vinegar with fries bit, it just doesn't appeal to me so much. An old college roomate's father used to put a couple of cheese curds in his coffee as treat at the bottom of the cup when finished the coffee.

I never understood the vinegar with fries bit, it just doesn't appeal to me so much. An old college roomate's father used to put a couple of cheese curds in his coffee as treat at the bottom of the cup when finished the coffee.

While there aren't many things one can do to hurt fries - although, fries with mayo is still, IMHO, the best, I'm with you on vinegar - somehow, to me, the flavors fight each other. The vinegar odor overwhelm the fries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82