Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

images

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We've started a two week run of "The Master," with Joaquin Phoenix as a shell-shocked, alcoholic WW2 vet who falls under the influence of a charismatic L. Ron Hubbardesque cult leader played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. An interesting character study, with Phoenix coming across as a strange combination of young Marlon Brando and "Mumbles" from Dick Tracy, and Hoffman looking for all the world like a psychopathic Captain Kangaroo.

philip-seymour-hoffman-master.jpg

"Now Bunny Rabbit, you *will* give back those carrots. And you will *WANT* to give back those carrots!"

fashion frank

One Too Many
Conan the Barbarian ,but I have to tell the truth ,I must have watched it a dozen times as I am a big fan of robert E. Howard , who started writing those stories in the 1930's and he wrote quite a few .
All the Best, Fashion Frank

Hi All

I watched the Cable and Lombard story today.

James Brolin as Cable/ Jill Claybough. Two mediocre actors trying to play huge stars. Average movie.
However the cars and hats were stunning.
Best regards
CCJ

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Breaking Dawn Part 2. Yes, I admit it. I have a 12-year-old daughter who loves the Twilight stuff (despite my best intentions). It's actually led to some very good conversations between us about relationships and the difference between a good relationship and a bad one.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
The second film in the Foyles War series (first season).
The lead Nazi sympathizer had an extraordinary hat. Not sure what it was. Trying to get a screen capture for an ID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe