Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Adam hat, ca. 1950s, owned by my grandfather and refurbished by Art Fawcett

img0248do.jpg

AlanC

Boxytheboxed said:
Looks sharp- I hope you don't mind a dumb question: why is there a button on the lower lapel?

It's a three-roll-to-two (or 3/2) jacket, a traditional American cut sold by the old Brooks Brothers as well as J. Press, etc. It's usually associated with the Ivy look, and frequently also features natural shoulders, no darts on the front and no pleats on the trousers. There actually is a matching button under the other lapel.

That's probably more than you wanted to know.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
My wife tells me that, at some point yesterday afternoon, I was abducted by aliens. :eek: :eek: :eek: I have no recollection of the incident -- in fact, my thinking is still a bit fuzzy about the whole thing. ;) All I know is that my dog wouldn't come back out of the woods until I got back to basics and slapped on the ol' Akubra R.M. :D

AkubraRM.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
Well, welcome back. Good choice for your return to Earth.

Boxytheboxed

New in Town
AlanC said:
It's a three-roll-to-two (or 3/2) jacket, a traditional American cut sold by the old Brooks Brothers as well as J. Press, etc. It's usually associated with the Ivy look, and frequently also features natural shoulders, no darts on the front and no pleats on the trousers. There actually is a matching button under the other lapel.

That's probably more than you wanted to know.
Thanks! thats actually exactly what i wanted.:)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Herzen, great hat! I do like porkpies, and this one is a niiiiice example. What's the colour?
AlanC, I see you are into autumn ensembles already... ;)
Jimmy, liberal as I am, I must say, I prefer your "normal" hat-wearing self. :D

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
Herzen, great hat! I do like porkpies, and this one is a niiiiice example. What's the colour?
AlanC, I see you are into autumn ensembles already... ;)
Jimmy, liberal as I am, I must say, I prefer your "normal" hat-wearing self. :D

Thanks. The color is camel.

Torpedo

One Too Many
This is very much a post-script to my "last summer outfit" previous posting.

As was to be expected, the sun was short-lived, and by evening I had already changed the boater for a Stetson Open Road. I added a pocket square to the ensemble, BTW, which I had forgotten before, and exchanged brown shoes for the spectators. And off we went for some stroll. We had to abort early because of gathering storms... you can actually see some raindrops on the hat, in the "panoply" pic - it was a narrow escape! ;)

DSCN1236b.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
My wife tells me that, at some point yesterday afternoon, I was abducted by aliens. :eek: :eek: :eek: I have no recollection of the incident -- in fact, my thinking is still a bit fuzzy about the whole thing. ;) All I know is that my dog wouldn't come back out of the woods until I got back to basics and slapped on the ol' Akubra R.M. :D

Cheers,
JtL
This attachment allows you to go incognito next time.
ca3a_12.JPG

jimmy the lid said:

AkubraRM.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
MUCH better! The Force has been restored to normal.... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

gtdean48 said:
Bob, I've got a 25 & now a 100 that don't say OR but look just like the 3X I have that does....go figure????

I will say that whether it says Open Road or not, it's still the smoothest, nicest felt of any hat I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld