Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Hell yeah....Irish and Scottish flat caps everywhere on Norfolk Is.

Not a fedora in sight though.

Barney Duffy's restaurant does a damned fine steak too!

NI%20Barney%20Duffy%20Restaurant_121132930426580.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
EphraimTutt, that kind of patchwork cap is one I have not decided to pull the trigger on, yet. It looks (to me) that they have too much going on at once, and may be difficult to combine, too. But you are wearing it well! Works nicely with a causal outfit.

RoninJedi, surely you stood out as one of the most dapper men at the celebration! (As an aside... a trucker cap? Really? Even if it was worn by a teenager, it is hard to think he, or his family, deemed that as appropriate?)

Torpedo

One Too Many
As mentioned before, this has been an unseasonable week, but today the sun made a timid aparition, so I took the chance to piece together this summery ensemble... it could well be the last chance this year!

DSCN1222.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
As mentioned before, this has been an unseasonable week, but today the sun made a timid aparition, so I took the chance to piece together this summery ensemble... it could well be the last chance this year!

DSCN1222.jpg

Dapper, Torpedo.

Dapper!

LordBest

Practically Family
Is that a Hereford style cap? It looks much fuller in cut that mine. I prefer it actually, a splendid cap.

Torpedo said:
Today, I wore a cap, for a change. This has been a pretty cloudy, rainy and cool week, allowing for woolen material as this one to come out. It is a Bookster flat cap.

DSC_0750b.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
LordBest said:
Is that a Hereford style cap? It looks much fuller in cut that mine. I prefer it actually, a splendid cap.

No. First time I got in touch with Bookster, I specifically asked if they could make larger versions of their caps. They answered in the affirmative and offered me to do a more generously cut crown in the Hereford and Gloucester styles. They actually gave them a name, after a village or county, like the other styles, but I do not remember it at this moment. These are not in the web, but are made on request- at the same price as the others.

Although not wholly in the vintage style (I think it should be a little fuller and rounder) I do like this better than the commonly seen more compact silohuette flat cap.

I dug out a couple of pics I took when I received the caps, for your reference.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

LordBest

Practically Family
Thanks, I think I will make enquiries about them. I do like the Hereford but I prefer the fuller cut cap.

Torpedo said:
No. First time I got in touch with Bookster, I specifically asked if they could make larger versions of their caps. They answered in the affirmative and offered me to do a more generously cut crown in the Hereford and Gloucester styles. They actually gave them a name, after a village or county, like the other styles, but I do not remember it at this moment. These are not in the web, but are made on request- at the same price as the others.

Although not wholly in the vintage style (I think it should be a little fuller and rounder) I do like this better than the commonly seen more compact silohuette flat cap.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Good decision, Chief.
I did notice the dog was no where to be seen during that photo...
Even he has an image to protect!!! :D :D

lol lol lol

Good eye, Deputy! Yup, as soon as I made an appearance in that hat, the dog ran off whimpering into the woods...:eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe