Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
I told you he came back! ;) :D

Royal Stetson...

RS3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

:eusa_doh: Right when we thought you had finally gone fat-ribbon.

But it looks sharp!

babs

A-List Customer
warbird said:
My trusty old Akubra Fed on another rainy day here.
It is w/o question my go to hat.
Kitchenshot.jpg

Nothing like a good fed to go with a rather nice two-tone 1911. :) Makes me think of that Para LDA I've been longing for.. but that's a different thread. I'll surely have an Akubra first.

warbird

One Too Many
babs said:
Nothing like a good fed to go with a rather nice two-tone 1911. :) Makes me think of that Para LDA I've been longing for.. but that's a different thread. I'll surely have an Akubra first.

Thanks I like my 1911 frankengun. There's a good shot of it on one of the last pages of the Show us your guns thread in the Display room. Nearly a 100 year old design and still one of the best if not the best sold pistol designs even today. Nearly every company makes some version of it. Ah the gospel of John Moses Browning.

warbird

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
What Rusty said & what did you do with BIG Al?

Big Al is 30% less big than he was. Down 74lbs since you guys saw me last. Working on getting less big even still, another 20lbs or so from where I want to be. Then I can put some muscle back on though don't intend to be heavily muscled liked I was before.

Couldn't take it anymore after so many years of being in great shape I had let myself go after a long illness and injuries. It was interfering with work and hunting trips. Well I just got back from 2 weeks in the Arctic Circle hiking nearly 20 miles a day on tundra, difficult hike to say the least, and feel great. Now I am ready for my sheep hunt in the mountains.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
warbird said:
Big Al is 30% less big than he was. Down 74lbs since you guys saw me last. Working on getting less big even still, another 20lbs or so from where I want to be. Then I can put some muscle back on though don't intend to be heavily muscled liked I was before.

Couldn't take it anymore after so many years of being in great shape I had let myself go after a long illness and injuries. It was interfering with work and hunting trips. Well I just got back from 2 weeks in the Arctic Circle hiking nearly 20 miles a day on tundra, difficult hike to say the least, and feel great. Now I am ready for my sheep hunt in the mountains.

And this is why I like this forum better than any other I've ever been on - manly men! Muscles and sheep hunting. And awesome hats. Hell yeah, hallelujah.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:

Good for you, Warbird -- that is an amazing accomplishment! Congrats.
The Arctic Circle trip sounds incredible.

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
My wife tells me that, at some point yesterday afternoon, I was abducted by aliens. :eek: :eek: :eek: I have no recollection of the incident -- in fact, my thinking is still a bit fuzzy about the whole thing. ;) All I know is that my dog wouldn't come back out of the woods until I got back to basics and slapped on the ol' Akubra R.M. :D

Cheers,
JtL

He's baaaaack! And hopefully no worse for wear! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe