Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Might have been, Tony. The ribbon is nicely done, but I suspect the hat might have been made with a narrower OR style one.

I think the sweatband and probably the blocking is original.

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
646d880b29eda3992c8eb769253fc303.jpg

After little league closing day a little R&R

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
pretty heavy rain coming down on a balmy night here in NJ so naturally I'm going with the Akubra Bushman ... was just outside with the dog right after taking these picks and got poured on and the hat doesn't even feel wet ... I'm loving it

this is the first crease I have ever bashed myself so go easy on me .... I tried the front of the brim down and it started to feel a bit like a ladies hat or Dark Wing Duck or something like that .... so I left it up... I dig it

any other brim suggestions are very welcome

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
looks great, Moon. I'd live with it like that a while.

You can always go back a rework it.

Akubra felt is tough as nails and great for bad weather.

el_ote

Familiar Face
Still wearing felts here. Rain in the forecast. This old Stetson will keep me dry.
850cecf692952300ae1d055f0c9c7394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Knotten,
Can I ask which Stetson that is? I love the style and color. what does the brim measure?
thanks,
-ely

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Renault

One Too Many
pretty heavy rain coming down on a balmy night here in NJ so naturally I'm going with the Akubra Bushman ... was just outside with the dog right after taking these picks and got poured on and the hat doesn't even feel wet ... I'm loving it

this is the first crease I have ever bashed myself so go easy on me .... I tried the front of the brim down and it started to feel a bit like a ladies hat or Dark Wing Duck or something like that .... so I left it up... I dig it

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

That'll do Moon!!! That'll do!!!! Great crease!

Last edited:

Knotten

Practically Family
Thanks, ely. It's got a 2-inch brim. That's about all I know. The liner says Stetson, but the sweat has been replaced, so I don't know anything else. Got it off eBay. It's one of my favorites. Fits perfect, and I like the color.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nice one, moon! Looks great! :eusa_clap

looks great, Moon. I'd live with it like that a while.

You can always go back a rework it.

Akubra felt is tough as nails and great for bad weather.

thanks a ton gentlemen ... I'm really digging it ... and your opinions hold weight with me indeed ... much respect

I've since pinched the front a touch more.... I imagine the shape will continue to get worked for a few days ..... really getting into shaping open crowns lately

just something so much more personal about it.... I find myself getting more attached to hats that I have shaped than others

That'll do Moon!!! That'll do!!!!

thank you Renault

means a lot coming from someone who can really wear a Bushman

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

That crown is beauty! Play around w some steam on the brim or keep reworking it as you wear it. You'll get into it. It got a nice deep flange and looks great up!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That crown is beauty! Play around w some steam on the brim or keep reworking it as you wear it. You'll get into it. It got a nice deep flange and looks great up!

thanks Bob... this hat has my heart at the moment

and Michael breaks out the big guns.... that thing has me sweating ... gorgeous !!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm continually impressed by all!
Moontheloon that looks positively awesome.
I'm also really digging the camp draft today, David. I've been enjoying your black sheep westerns lately too.
The strat is a very compelling color g. Nice!
An'A , that's really beautiful as well. Nice going!

Starting my day with the fantastic work of tony b.

cacbb4dc0eb1ab9372d0c59eda699ccc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe