Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, VMT2!!

Much appreciated, Eric! Just so you know, I created the Westbound'n'Down, because I was inspired by all of your fine thin ribbons. Glad to be in such great company! :thumb:

:) Kind words, sir. As I mentioned in my response to Eric, the W'n'D was inspired by so many awesome TAR's around the 'Lounge. The Dobbs Panama is vintage '50s I believe. The ribbon came from a Dobbs felt fedora; swapped it last year, the color is dark grey / charcoal and it goes really well with the straw patina.

Che', that pug on the Portis is something else!! If I ever make it out to your town, I've got to go to one of those dances!

It's vintage; it was an Etsy purchase a year or so ago. I was really pleased when I pulled it out of the box, because it was taller than most of the typical Panama hats made today. It also sits a little higher on my head, so that adds to the height, which I like. It's roughly 4 1/2" at the front and 4 3/8" at the back. The tallest point just behind the tip of the crease at the top of the pinch is 4 5/8".

Cheers, David! It had been a long while since I was posting regularly, so it's been a real treat to show off my hats again. :) On the same note, I've been enjoying so many awesome hats from the newcomers and the regulars alike!! :cool:

Thank you!!! :yo:

Thats right very untypical. Been searching for something with a similar crown. Thx for the dimensions.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
This hat looks great!
I am wondering though. Is this fur felt ? Are you supposed to wear this material when doing a Safari under hot weather ?
Also, how high is the crown compared to the Fed ?

Sweet Tommy!!!

Akubra Safari while building a "structure".

a63d5e630e2f33ad3ac5ab9df0a7fe2b.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Good morning gentlemen. (Good afternoon Joao, Daniele, guillaumeb, and our other friends across the pond.) Everyone looked great this weekend. Now back to work in my empty office (no, I wasn't sent packing... just switching offices to one with a WINDOW!)

T.Jones... you without silverbelly would be like Joao with a trilby. The brand has stuck, my friend.

Rain foretasted all day here in PA, so it's the Fed IV for me.

2015-05-18 07.17.54.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
So much to catch up on!!! For the last several days I've been out and about hiking, wearing my Tilley. But today is the first day back at work after a week off.

Vintage Fashion Deluxe today...

663e01aee0fdac2b5695ceed7a0068bc.jpg

4727a9bd24dc74672a8ffdc4900c41f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the work week after celebrating 23 years with my lovely bride yesterday. And of course we spent the day at the antique show. Monday morning Colombo, now with added Tonak pin goodness thanks to eBay and some guy in Germany.

X3yc5k1m.jpg tt7KRttm.jpg

QHlYuo2m.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Happy Monday! Nice start to the week, guys.

Looking like a nice day here in Ft. Worth so I'm going with my Optimo/VS Dualist

smugshot_6712822-L.jpg

GREAT to see all the lids over the weekend! An excellent display, fellas!

Monday morning MALOOF. Old stock hat hoods in colors no longer readily available, and Art has an inventory ready for pickin'!

IMG_6821.jpg IMG_6822.jpg

Yup, David's Dualist is indeed a standout among standouts!

Over the weekend, the azaleas were in bloom, the dogwoods were in bloom, the crab apple tree was still in bloom, and the pollen was OUT! Still a no-show for the yard man, (he hasn't shown up in years, now) so it's mostly up to me.

So under cover of my Churchill milan (until the perspiration commenced)...
IMG_6811.jpg IMG_6812.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
T.Jones... you without silverbelly would be like Joao with a trilby. The brand has stuck, my friend.
lol This made my day lol

Over the weekend, the azaleas were in bloom, the dogwoods were in bloom, the crab apple tree was still in bloom, and the pollen was OUT! Still a no-show for the yard man, (he hasn't shown up in years, now) so it's mostly up to me.
Yeah, I do know... this season is always tricky. The mornings as soon as I go to work are the hard part but I survive.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yup, David's Dualist is indeed a standout among standouts!

So under cover of my Churchill milan (until the perspiration commenced)...
View attachment 29619 View attachment 29620

I particularly like the color and bash of the face mask.

ingineer

One Too Many
Moon and all you guys make it look easy,never for me the nose lists heavily to starboard
So here is my new Campdraft BlueGrass Green
Fail

Second failure

Third time with new stick from Africa

Still not good, but its fun to play around with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe