Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRB

One Too Many
Steve: Gus did you well! I am going back home to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving. I'll check out his stock. How far is he backed up? My last one from him took about 3 weeks, that was a year ago.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Back to basics again today: My goto Akubra 80% of the time : Bushman :)

Bushman1-1.jpg

DRB

One Too Many

Just received today from Graham. Classic fedora in Tungsten, satin finish. More photos posted in the Optimo Southside Mobsters thread. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?30265-Optimo-south-side-mobsters/page71

Al: that crown height and brim width seem to compliment your face perfectly. Great choice in colors. The nice thing about an Optimo is that you like it today, but you will like it more tomorrow. Congratulations to you my friend. Is that an underwelt on the brim? Did you crease it yourself? You look smartly dressed.

Last edited:

W_B_K

New in Town
It was supposed to rain this morning so I just grabbed my el cheapo Scala (gasp!). I water-proofed the wool so it works well as a rain hat.

2elgh8y.jpg

Agreed, Josh.
I have several Adams, from Ebay and Johhnyphi, and have been very happy with them.

Josh, I love my Adam hats too! Billy is the acknowledged King of all that is Adam!

Billy, Thanks! See above!

Hatophile, Thanks! Fantastic Knox Foxhound!

Wade, Robert, Torpedo, Johnny -> Super series of hats!

Just about to head out with my new Gus Miller custom.

I have to add a :arated: to that. I've only had one Adam hat and it was too small for me, but I've always wanted one that fit, it was a sharp hat!

It was supposed to rain this morning so I just grabbed my el cheapo Scala (gasp!). I water-proofed the wool so it works well as a rain hat.

2elgh8y.jpg

for what it's worth, for the price Scala hats aren't that terrible. but you did a very smart thing by waterproofing it. usually once wool felt gets soaked, it shrinks and won't retain it's proper shape. that aside that's a great looking hat with the bound brim.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Appreciate the kind words, gentlemen, they are much appreciated.

Is that an underwelt on the brim? Did you crease it yourself?

Dennis: The edge is bound with 1/4" vintage ribbon, and the crease is Graham's work. My wife and I selected the ribbon from Graham's cache of vintage ribbons, and decided upon a narrow edge binding to complement the crown ribbon. I have more photos posted in the Optimo Southside Mobsters thread that better illustrate the hat. Thanks for your sage words regarding Optimo.

Last edited:

W_B_K

New in Town
Thanks all for the compliments. :) You all have some great looking lids there as well. :eusa_clap

I agree the Scala isn't half bad for the price; it is a good looking beater. At $25 I can't complain!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe