Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
There's an episode where George's parents decide that they're going to spend all their money, blowing George's inheritance. When announcing the decision to George, George's father opens his coat, revealing a new suit, pulls the lapels outward and says (in his yelling voice), "It's a Pierre Cardin". It's not funny as written, but I liked it in the show.

No wonder I missed the reference. I've never seen the show! I do enjoy Curb. ;)

never heard of that brand

mayserwegener said:
P. & C. Habig Camber

4975621279_614b054a46_z.jpg

but dang that is a rich brown, love it!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Chapeau Laudinat

4977444754_0787e2af93_z.jpg

Sold in France but Importe d'Italie. A near Homburg as the finish of the curve is a simple overwelt. Backbow too. The Felt is actually a fine wool or wool-blend but thin and light--about the weight of a typical Borsalino Alessandria or Vita-Felt;) and shapes and holds better than most 100% Fur Felts.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
zetwal - it's pretty much the same show as Curb, with fewer sexual references and f-bombs. I love both.

Very nice hats, JtL and rlk. :eusa_clap

Today, I'm in my Borsalino Savoy and my wife is in her new beater Emerson.
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Those are some great looking lids today gang! Well done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Here is my offering for the day. My black Dobbs made for the Rogers Peet Company. This is one I won on ebay a few yeas back from someone here, I believe it was Mark Chevalier. So he knows it is still in fantastic shape and is ready to come out for the fall season. Today was cool enough for a test run. ;)
100_5952.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
You all have been wearing some really fantastic looking hats since I last stopped by. I’d probably look daffy in a bowler, but I just think I might have to pick one up and give it a try now.

Today – or more appropriately yesterday at this point – was cool and wet, so out came the Stetson Ashland.

9102010.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
theinterchange said:
It looks interestingly like a jacket I picked up at a Gap outlet a few years ago for a couple of dollars. I almost think they recycled the pattern

Randy

Is Banana Republic part of Gap and the other mall store, can't think this early, they sell the T-shirts with the flag, khacki pants, etc.?

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
CircuitRider said:
Is Banana Republic part of Gap and the other mall store, can't think this early, they sell the T-shirts with the flag, khacki pants, etc.?

Old Navy!...Now I remember. My daughter worked there and there were several store brands where she could get her employee discount. I found a Life Magazine circa 1963 when cleaning out my mom's stuff after she passed. What was interesting, Lipton Tea, or any other food or clothing brand advertised, was just that, not owned by any other company or comglomerate.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:
JtL, I love the NVFS. Great looking hat ... ;)

Thanks, zetwal -- the finish on the North Valley by Rodney Allison is the closest thing I have ever experienced to the finish on a Stetson 7X Clear Beaver (in a non-vintage hat). Just a beautiful feel to that felt.

And thanks, Bart and Lefty, as well! :)

Cheers,
JtL

theinterchange

One Too Many
CircuitRider said:

Yep, Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy are owned by the same company.

Good description of Old Navy, too. [But you left out the part about middle aged men who shop there in hopes of being mistook for a teeny bopper. :p ]

Randy

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
The jacket is vintage Banana Republic, from the safari style days.

Nice photos, Lefty.

Gotta say, I loved the old Banana Republic safari-style days. Loved the catalogues, loved the way the stores were done up, loved the look of the clothes. What the hell happened? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wish I had snagged one of their fur felt safari hats back in the day...[huh]

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust