Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Went Black & White
4975373663_7c175d0a73_b.jpg

Great look RLK!! That hat looks really good with the brim up.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
The color you see there in the image is surprisingly accurate. Sort of a rosy dark tan color.

Impressive hat, Dan. Only one I've seen like that. :eusa_clap

Jimmy, Neophtye, Rob, Mario,... heck, all of you Fedora Fiends are looking good here lately. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Dallas (Premier Quality/Pliafelt) -- without a doubt, one of my favorite lids...

MalDal.jpg

Ah, the inspiration for the thin ribbon sect. Very well done Jimmy, that lid looks fantastic with that casual look. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:

Jimmy, Neophtye, Rob, Mario,... heck, all of you Fedora Fiends are looking good here lately. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks HPG! I haven't seen that color elsewhere either. Back in 2005 when I got it off of ebay I think it came from Wyoming, and it was part of an estate sale. The one photo was so-so. It did see some wear but not much. I think it spent most of its life in a box up in a ranch house attic. It had a liberal amount of dust on it and the sweat barrier behind the sweatband was almost glued to the hat by age and mostly glued to the sweatband. But the sweatband is still supple & soft. Unfortunately, the sweatband stitching is starting to come apart so I may need to get it replaced in the near future, but not just yet.

Cheers!

Dan

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey Robert, is that the get-up you wore at Monteagle? If so, I can vouch that the hat looks good 'brim up' AND down. :) Super suit, ta-boot!

Thanks Gene and Josh.
Different hat and suit from Monteagle. This suit is a single-breasted black/granite narrow stripe from Desmonds-probably late 1950's. The Hat is a Wilby with a Cavanagh Edge 2-1/8" brim and has a back-bow. This one doesn't snap at all because of the curve, tension and firm Cav-edge. Edge and finish as good as a real Cavanagh(slightly lighter felt). I think I'll finish the week with more soft non Snap-Brim non Homburgs.:)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Off to the Bahamas today!

aa5d7684.jpg

Ready for the Bahamas. I checked with the authorities and they said it was ok to wear a panama hat after Labor Day in the caribbean.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:

Thanks HPG!

I agree, everyone has been ramping up on the "class" and the "suave" lately :D.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
First, there's the typo - it should read "if it is".

The rest is from Seinfeld. There's an episode where George's parents decide that they're going to spend all their money, blowing George's inheritance. When announcing the decision to George, George's father opens his coat, revealing a new suit, pulls the lapels outward and says (in his yelling voice), "It's a Pierre Cardin". It's not funny as written, but I liked it in the show.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Ah, the inspiration for the thin ribbon sect. Very well done Jimmy, that lid looks fantastic with that casual look. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Many thanks, Dan (and Rusty, Lefty, Gene) -- much appreciated! :)

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe