Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
My new Back Yard hat!

Trip to Thrift Store: 10 minutes.
Price of novelty hat: $3.00
Finding something I can put on my head which embarrasses my sweetie more than my optimo Panamas: PRICELESS.
:D

lol lol lol lol lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
My new Back Yard hat!

Trip to Thrift Store: 10 minutes.
Price of novelty hat: $3.00
Finding something I can put on my head which embarrasses my sweetie more than my optimo Panamas: PRICELESS.
:D

DSC_0001.jpg
Are you wearing that on the boat?:eek: lol

Torpedo

One Too Many
Gene, you are all the time pushing the envelope, aren't you? ;)

Chiliarches, I love the felt/ribbon colour combo. Sort of what I have sometimes read described as a "The Natural" hat.

Jimmy, one is not at risk of getting bored with those great hats you are constantly displaying.

Mario, another nice one. I like your look in the overcoat, in that earlier pic, too. My overcoats are not likely to see the light for some months yet!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
A great find Gene! My hubby has one similar, heck I'm not embarrassed when he wears it - I'm a happy gal anytime he's working out in the yard!:D

lol lol lol
THAT'S the spirit!

Thanks, all, for the fun responses. And apologies in advance for any forthcoming marriage counseling this may cause some of you. :D

Torpedo

One Too Many
This Sunday we went to a castellers ("castle builders") exhibition. Human towers, castells, are a well-known Catalan tradition, always present in festivities.

There are many kinds of castells, classified after the number of people at every "stage" and the number of "stages". The tower behind me is about to reach completion: you may see a kid just arrived at the top, and another one climbing the last stretch. If this last one (who is called enxaneta) manages to crown the top over the other kid (the acotxador), and raise his arm, the tower is deemed "built". It is considered perfect if the tower is unbuilt without collapsing on the process.

DSCN1180.jpg

Castellers groups are always striving to put together bigger and taller structures and beat records. Some are so difficult that have been not replicated for many years, let alone improved.

If you want to know more, and see pics of amazing towers, take a look here: http://www.lawebdelscastellers.com/

3de10fm201r20D20Hist.jpg

Oh, by the way, turning to topic :eek: , the hat is a Stetson Stratoliner.

Regards!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Churchill Beaver "50"

Today it's a Churchill stingy (brim is around 1 and 3/4"). The hat dates from early 60's and came out of the hatbox all the way from Chicago in pristine condition. I love this hat and the beaver is beautiful to touch and wear. It has a Cavanagh edge. The United Hatters, Cap & Millinery Workers International Union tag is on the reverse of the size lable (it's 7 & 1/4)

Sorry again about the light. The photos are taken when I get home at night. The hat is a dark grey/green and reminds me in style of an Akubra Hampton.

SDC10191.jpg

SDC10192.jpg

SDC10196.jpg

And the melon shot:

SDC10189.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
No, it's still in Maryville. :( My mother will bring it over by the end of September, then I'll post some more infos and photos. Patience, patience...

churchill.jpg

You're right - as far as I can tell by looking at the photos, it's very similar...

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
No, it's still in Maryville. :( My mother will bring it over by the end of September, then I'll post some more infos and photos. Patience, patience...

churchill.jpg

You're right - as far as I can tell by looking at the photos, it's very similar...

ok...patience it is.

Yep, looks very similar. Same colour too? Cav edge?? Mine arrived with the brim snapped up like yours. A bit of steam and down she snapped. I haven't added any pinches or fiddled with the bash. Is yours a beaver (cos we know how guys like a beaver on their head).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mine seems to have come with side pinches. The liner and the body color look the same, judging by the photos I've seen. Don't know about the beaver content.

I take it that yours came with a Cav edge as well?

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
Mine seems to have come with side pinches. The liner and the body color look the same, judging by the photos I've seen. Don't know about the beaver content.

I take it that yours came with a Cav edge as well?

Yessir! Cav edge and sans feather. I played with pinches when it arrived - and then just left it without - for now. I'll wait to see what creativity you work on yours!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Looks kinda smart. Might have to try those.

Still, the hat's big disadvantage is that it has to ride atop my melon rather than Mr McQueen's.

lol lol

Well, we all have to make do with the head that was given to us, right? We gotta make the best out of it, and you're actually doing pretty well! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe