Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Everyone, thank you for the kind comments.

RobStC said:
Glad to see that the De Pinna fits you so well, John :eusa_clap , and also very glad that the Mallory didn't!!! lol :p :D

Best,

Rob St.C

Lamentably, it's a little tight. But not so tight as to prohibit wearing it. :)

Mr. Paladin said:
Well done, Chili! That one has to be the best you have posted so far. Very natural on you.

Thank you! I agree--I think it is the color.

Garrett said:
Chili, let's see that playboy :D

Wellsir, given the light felt, that will depend on the weather over the next few days 9it's been a very chilly Chicago summer)...but in the meantime, here's something very similar that I actually wore today (because the color suited what I was wearing) - a Stetson Bantam weight. It appears to be a Playboy in everything but name. Same dimensions, lighteweight felt, and the row of stitching on the edge of the brim.

100_1256-1.jpg

It has its issues...ribbon has some very strange spotting/mottling, and the sweatband is very dry/crunchy in parts...I'm considering letting Optimo give it the work over, but I don't know that the investment is wise at this time of year. Maybe come spring.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chiliarches said:
...I'm considering letting Optimo give it the work over, but I don't know that the investment is wise at this time of year. Maybe come spring.

ChileA strikes again. Some very striking hats lately :eusa_clap.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chiliarches said:
Everyone, thank you for the kind comments.

Lamentably, it's a little tight. But not so tight as to prohibit wearing it. :)

Thank you! I agree--I think it is the color.

Wellsir, given the light felt, that will depend on the weather over the next few days 9it's been a very chilly Chicago summer)...but in the meantime, here's something very similar that I actually wore today (because the color suited what I was wearing) - a Stetson Bantam weight. It appears to be a Playboy in everything but name. Same dimensions, lighteweight felt, and the row of stitching on the edge of the brim.

100_1256-1.jpg

It has its issues...ribbon has some very strange spotting/mottling, and the sweatband is very dry/crunchy in parts...I'm considering letting Optimo give it the work over, but I don't know that the investment is wise at this time of year. Maybe come spring.

Interesting looking lid Chilli. How does the felt compare to that of a Stratoliner? It looks like it might be the same weight or similar. As a matter of fact, the hat has a Stratoliner look to it, but with a wider ribbon. I like it.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
BobC said:
Interesting looking lid Chilli. How does the felt compare to that of a Stratoliner? It looks like it might be the same weight or similar. As a matter of fact, the hat has a Stratoliner look to it, but with a wider ribbon. I like it.

Very light, like a Playboy. It's almost exactly like my Playboy except for the name. The felt is a little stiffer, but it's the same weight/thickness.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
Thanks Garrett. The newsboy cap suits you. Is that your French Horn in the background?

Yep, that's my 1986 Paxman french horn in the background.

Torpedo

One Too Many
It would seem the hottest weather has been left behind, so the lighter weighted felts are beginning to enter the rotation.

Stetson "Royal de Luxe" Open Road:

DSCN1185.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
It would seem the hottest weather has been left behind, so the lighter weighted felts are beginning to enter the rotation.

Stetson "Royal de Luxe" Open Road:

DSCN1185.jpg

Nice, Torp. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe