Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Dundee said:
Today I did yard work in one of my reenactment hats. I wanted to get that sweated in look for the upcoming season.
DCP_3570.jpg

Indycop, I am sory for your loss. Be blessed.
Thank you sir.
What is the brim width on that one? I like it and also want to see the one in your avatar!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Adam "Button" Majestic...
AdamButton2.jpg

That's an interesting hat, Jim. One of the Johnnyphis if I remember correctly. That's the only one like it I've ever seen.

Looks great on ya.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
That's an interesting hat, Jim. One of the Johnnyphis if I remember correctly. That's the only one like it I've ever seen.

Looks great on ya.

Thanks, Bob (and IC :)). You're right -- it was a mint condition johnnyphi lid. The ribbon treatment on this one is utterly unique. The only other one I have ever seen is owned by our own scotrace.

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Honestly......................this may be my favorite of your hats.:D

AND HOW! Y'know, it's funny because I'm a thin one too and I have had the same qualms about a couple of my hats with brims as big as that Borso of yours. The Loungers and my gal assured me that it looked fine on me but I couldn't see it myself. If I look HALF as cool in my 2-7/8" brims as you do then I'm gonna' quit worrying about it and wear them all the time. :)

Dundee

A-List Customer
indycop said:
Thank you sir.
What is the brim width on that one? I like it and also want to see the one in your avatar!

The brim width on this one is 2 3/4 inches. I will have both hats at Olustee.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
Ok, I wanted to know if I can pull this off or not, so I bought this beautiful, light grey (50's ?) Borso with that really wide brim. Never wore such a wide brim before. It's a scary 2 7/8" wide, and we do feel a bit self conscious about it, me and that long, narrow face of mine... ;)

Now you decide for yourself...

borsalino_08_11_09.jpg

Your face takes it very well so don't be scared ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82