Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I didn't actually wear this one today, but it's leaving the fold Sunday, so I wanted to get one decent pic before it's gone. Looking at all the great pics that Douglas and Jtl have posted here, I decided to collect my favorites of myself (is that narcissistic?) in an album. I really, really would like to see something similar from you guys, especially these two who could certainly model hats if such a job existed.

This is a jet-black Stetson with a slight pencil-curl. It worked perfectly unsnapped, but I also sort of liked this look:

photo.php

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:

Gene -- First off, happy birthday! Hope you guys had a swell evening.

Secondly -- that Knox 20 rules. Great photo, great lid. The jet black ribbon against the felt, along with the Cavanagh edge -- superb. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Wore one of my trusty work hats - a beat up old Beaver Brand - while building a little greenhouse in the back for Nicki.

CropBeaterHat.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Then, in the evening I switched up to a Knox Twenty and my gal took me out for a birthday dinner and movie. :)

DSC_0030.jpg

Happy birthday Gene. Superb hat that Knox!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
Yet one more exceptional hat. Jimmy, how do you get away with felt in Texas in July? I was mopping my dome in Toronto last week.
Tom D.

St. Ignatz, I think you may have my location confused with Mr. Paladin's locale. He's in Texas, I'm in Michigan. ;) As a general matter, summer mornings and evenings here are felt-worthy. This has been a relatively cool summer though, so I'm wearing felts regularly. Love it!

Thanks to all for the nice comments. As far as the 3X goes, it is unlike any other felt I have -- it is sturdy and substantial, but extremely soft to the touch.

And, ScottF -- now you've really got me thinking about this hat modeling thing. Let's see, getting paid to wear hats... Hmmmm... Works for me! :D

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Stuff.....

ScottF said:
I didn't actually wear this one today, but it's leaving the fold Sunday, so I wanted to get one decent pic before it's gone. Looking at all the great pics that Douglas and Jtl have posted here, I decided to collect my favorites of myself (is that narcissistic?) in an album. I really, really would like to see something similar from you guys, especially these two who could certainly model hats if such a job existed.

This is a jet-black Stetson with a slight pencil-curl. It worked perfectly unsnapped, but I also sort of liked this look:

photo.php
Looks good Scott, I especially like the shot with the overcoat and scarf.....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

PS. Happy Birthday Gene. :cheers1:

Ande1964

Practically Family
Big Borso

I got the 7 3/4 Borso cleaned up a bit and shrunk to fit me pretty nicely. Some stains I couldn't get out, but I still love it. Incredibly light and soft. I just bash it casually whenever I put it on.

No liner for the moment. I removed it for cleaning, and I'm a little concerned about putting it back in. This felt is so light, I'm not positive I'll be able to sew halfway through it.

Anj

OR_Borso.jpg

Beater Open Road...

Feeding the horses & doing chores, I'm wearing the Royal Deluxe Open Road that I got & gave a naptha bath to. The stains from the previous crease did not come out be faded some. It is okay for me tho as a work hat. I really like the felt of the Royal Deluxe, nice hand....
OldOR.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
St. Ignatz, I think you may have my location confused with Mr. Paladin's locale. He's in Texas, I'm in Michigan. ;) As a general matter, summer mornings and evenings here are felt-worthy. This has been a relatively cool summer though, so I'm wearing felts regularly. Love it!
Cheers,
JtL

Sorry about the mix-up. I'm not sure what I was thinking. We've been pretty lucky in S.E. Pennsylvania also this year but that's coming to and end.

RBH

Bartender
Ande1964 said:
I got the 7 3/4 Borso cleaned up a bit and shrunk to fit me pretty nicely. Some stains I couldn't get out, but I still love it. Incredibly light and soft. I just bash it casually whenever I put it on.

No liner for the moment. I removed it for cleaning, and I'm a little concerned about putting it back in. This felt is so light, I'm not positive I'll be able to sew halfway through it.

Anj

OR_Borso.jpg
NICE!
Isnt the felt on the Borsolinos something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe