Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Open Road

This has definitely been a thin-ribbon week for me. With a 2 5/8" brim, this is an OR that wears a bit more like a Strat. I love the fawn color of this one...

FawnOR-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Arrrrrggggghhhhh! The Humanity......... (or whatever he said when the Hindenberg exploded) :eusa_doh:

lol lol lol lol

Go for it, ScottF!! Let's start a MOVEMENT. One day, perhaps, everyone with a thin ribbon Stratoliner or Open Road would just toss out those little strips of grosgrain in favor of bandanas or snakeskins or super wide swaths of vinyl or....

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
bakers44 said:
The sweatband is light brown, about 2in wide, is unreeded, and has the decorative roll on the edge.

I've got that rolled edge on the sweatbands of my '20s derbies. I have no idea how prevalent it was, or how long it lasted, but it's a neat feature. Maybe your hat is older than you think?

I have to replace the worn out sweatband on one of my derbies, and I'm going to attempt to iron that roll in to try and keep it period. I have a feeling it's harder than it looks.

Brad

Torpedo

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
lol lol lol lol

Go for it, ScottF!! Let's start a MOVEMENT. One day, perhaps, everyone with a thin ribbon Stratoliner or Open Road would just toss out those little strips of grosgrain in favor of bandanas or snakeskins or super wide swaths of vinyl or....

Don't forget those feathered bands with the frontal panache! With one of them, that Strat would look like a real cowboy hat;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
IMG_1835.jpg

Yesterday, again this old Champ..

IMG_1838.jpg

Today.. could it be my favourite everyday hat?.. lol I don't have a lot of hats like some of the collectors here on the lounge, so, 'hat-rotation' is not an issue for me ;)

buler

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I Know; it's sacrilege!! :p

I really wish I could've figured out a different hat to put this ribbon on but it jibes so well with the color scheme of this Stratoliner.

Let's just say this one's flying in Stealth Mode. ;) :D

------------

Oh, and Jimmy, yes it is vintage ribbon. It was on an old porkpie hat and I just wanted to see if it would work on one of my lids.

Gene, that ribbon really works on that Strat! Glad to see you found a spot for it.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
bakers44 said:
Honestly I don't know much about them either. The felt is extremely soft, and I'm fairly sure it was made when mercury was still in use. The liner is not satin, it's a linen I believe, and has no plastic on the top. The sweatband is light brown, about 2in wide, is unreeded, and has the decorative roll on the edge. I can post a shot of the inside if you want.

I really wish I knew more about the hat as it's one of my favorites but, sadly, I do not. So if anyone cares to enlighten the both of us I'd appreciate it as well. :)

I've got one of those "soft hats", in-between the homburg and fedora. Also a linen liner. Here is the makers tag under the sweat. Its made by Frank Katz Hat Co.

B

society_club_4.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
IMG_1835.jpg

Yesterday, again this old Champ..

Today.. could it be my favourite everyday hat?.. lol I don't have a lot of hats like some of the collectors here on the lounge, so, 'hat-rotation' is not an issue for me ;)
I got tell you, I was one of those also bidding for that hat and, after seeing it on you, I really wish I bid MORE! :) Looks great, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe