Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
My new Strat.

CIMG1182-1.jpg

Last night.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Well, I just checked in to see that it's a Stratoliner kind of week.

I happened to be wearing mine today also - but I've made an addition to it. I got the ribbon shown below from a fellow Lounger (I'm pretty sure it was Buler) and it matches up pretty well on this hat.

Don't worry, the regular thin ribbon is underneath and the add on is just held with a couple of hidden straight pins for now. :D

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Well, I just checked in to see that it's a Stratoliner kind of week.

I happened to be wearing mine today also - but I've made an addition to it. I got the ribbon shown below from a fellow Lounger (I'm pretty sure it was Buler) and it matches up pretty well on this hat.

Don't worry, the regular thin ribbon is underneath and the add on is just held with a couple of hidden straight pins for now. :D

DSC_0008.jpg

Hey, Gene, that does look good, but a Strat isn't really a Strat without a thin ribbon. I'm pretty sure Rusty is with me on this one. :D

I wish you guys would let me know when it's Straturday.

St. I, yours looks good too. What color is that?

I have two of them now, and they are among my favorites. I'd take one in every color if I could find them.

bakers44

New in Town
Hey fellas, it's been a little while since I posted here.

Just wearing my '30s Society Club today.
Photo1327-2.jpg

I've got a few of old hats that don't fit, but I can't bring myself to rework them. I'd really like to be able to wear 'em though...[huh]

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- fantastic look.

Bakers44 -- love the Society Club.

Gene -- I think that ribbon looks great with that Strat. Is it vintage ribbon? It really, really works! :)

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Hey, Gene, that does look good, but a Strat isn't really a Strat without a thin ribbon. I'm pretty sure Rusty is with me on this one. :D

I Know; it's sacrilege!! :p

I really wish I could've figured out a different hat to put this ribbon on but it jibes so well with the color scheme of this Stratoliner.

Let's just say this one's flying in Stealth Mode. ;) :D

------------

Oh, and Jimmy, yes it is vintage ribbon. It was on an old porkpie hat and I just wanted to see if it would work on one of my lids.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
I Know; it's sacrilege!! :p

I really wish I could've figured out a different hat to put this ribbon on but it jibes so well with the color scheme of this Stratoliner.

Let's just say this one's flying in Stealth Mode. ;) :D

------------

Oh, and Jimmy, yes it is vintage ribbon. It was on an old porkpie hat and I just wanted to see if it would work on one of my lids.

Gene, I'm not a thin-ribboner, so I am very impressed with what you've done. It's giving me ideas on how to give my Open Road a ribbon upgrade.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Stetson The Gun Club straw

Well, not exactly today. But actually it is the first picture of me on the Lounge. I'm not a wizard with digital camera's and all that.

The hat is a Stetson The Gun Club, a stiffened straw hat. Because of its wide brim, I use it as my Summer hiking hat.

The scenery is one of the canals of our city, our row-boat, and... the sun on a Sunday afternoon! :)

StetsonGunClub.jpg

bakers44

New in Town
Chinaski said:
Anyone care to enlighten me on a Society Club? Bakers44, I like the shape, color, ribbon - well, just about everything about that hat, and you wear it well!

Honestly I don't know much about them either. The felt is extremely soft, and I'm fairly sure it was made when mercury was still in use. The liner is not satin, it's a linen I believe, and has no plastic on the top. The sweatband is light brown, about 2in wide, is unreeded, and has the decorative roll on the edge. I can post a shot of the inside if you want.

I really wish I knew more about the hat as it's one of my favorites but, sadly, I do not. So if anyone cares to enlighten the both of us I'd appreciate it as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe