Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
New Optimo from Panama Hats Direct. 2 1/2" backwoven brim. 4 1/2" crown.
This one cost me $20.45 + $19.95 S&H. And.... I now have a boatload of cancelled Ecuadorian stamps!

3509075462_1565e27e1c.jpg

bakers44

New in Town
Decided to go with a better hat today.
My Society Club.
Photo1207-2.jpg

I love the hat, but it's a wee bit on the small side. My dad wears a smaller size than me, so I may pad it up and give it to him for fathers day. Although I really don't want to part with it. [huh]

Does anyone know anything about the brand? I've not heard of it before.
The liner is linen, with no plastic on top, and the sweat is unreeded; which would imply that the hat is 40's or older correct?

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Great hat, Carter! Please explain how you landed that price. I went to the website and couldn't find it.... thanks in advance!

carter said:
New Optimo from Panama Hats Direct. 2 1/2" backwoven brim. 4 1/2" crown.
This one cost me $20.45 + $19.95 S&H. And.... I now have a boatload of cancelled Ecuadorian stamps!

3509075462_1565e27e1c.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Bailey "Helmsley" Panama

Just got back from Arizona and thought I'd post these. My Bailey "Helmsley" Panama has traveled with me to some interesting places, but this certainly has to be one of the most unique -- the Skywalk Bridge at the Grand Canyon. I now have some sense of how Indiana Jones felt when he stepped out into the abyss in The Last Crusade. :eek: Definitely a unique experience...;)

Skywalk1.jpg

Skywalk2.jpg

CanyonBailey.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

carter

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
bakers44 -- you've got a look going that's right out of hat ads from the 30's. Nice lids, great look. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
:arated:
bakers44, Have you discovered a stash of vintage hats on the Mississippi? Great hat!

Michaelshane

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Just got back from Arizona and thought I'd post these. My Bailey "Helmsley" Panama has traveled with me to some interesting places, but this certainly has to be one of the most unique -- the Skywalk Bridge at the Grand Canyon. I now have some sense of how Indiana Jones felt when he stepped out into the abyss in The Last Crusade. :eek: Definitely a unique experience...;)

Did you drive out there?If you did you drove right past my house.You could have stopped in for a chat.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Wow! Thank you lady and gentlemen for the encouraging response! There are worse ways to start the day than being compared with Belmondo and Delon... ;)
Gene, indeed those old ads show more adventuring combinations than we are used to. And they work! I mean, it is not like just disregarding colour coordination and result in unpleasing combinations - to the contrary, the whole ensemble of apparently odd elements works well, because it is properly thought out.
Must think of some other combo along these lines... green jacket and grey hat... navy jacket and sand hat... mmmmh... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld