Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
042616_1.jpg

042616_2.jpg

Nice, Alan!

View attachment 48844

Change the ribbon then?! Gorgeous felt; classic, conservative brim binding!! As Moon (and others, I'm sure) wants to know, did that hat come to you with the ribbon? I'm a slow typist and you beat me to the punch with an answer here. I still wonder if it wasn't attached by a hatted hippy in 1969.

Oh, Lordy! I use to have boots like Mr. Anderson's!

Wesslyn

Practically Family
I think the possibility is strongly probable. Have you peeked under the ribbon to look for the original?
Yup. No sign of a previous ribbon. No stitch marks to be found or anything. The ribbon on it is very tight to the hat. I got it at a goodwill, and the label inside is from a department store that closed in the 50s in town. It's incredible that it's stayed local for so long.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
The wind has died down a little, it got so vad yesterday that I had to switch from the stubby Borso to an 8 panel, which I still ended up chasing. I braved the elements to go to my niece's softball game, and wasn't terribly disappointed when it was called after 2 innings. Guess they didn't want the poor kids getting blown over.
Portis today, and I hope the breeze stays mild!

53acdfe13b0133428b34713d6358599c.jpg
9bc4c822fdd2ac12cbf46584cbc185c7.jpg
0f291d1e3e9a32ae590dea9c0f28a360.jpg

Have a great day!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Not a whole lot of info on Hopkins hats. But what I have seen is that they made some oddballs.
I have a Cuenca from the 50s, that I believe is a Hopkins. My straws are still not out of hibernation, but I'll find it and check tomorrow ;)

I definitely don't believe, the ribbon is original. I have more faith in Charlie's hippie-theory. I can see it with a feather, some beads and a roach-clip ... absolutely psychefeltic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael