Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Here's some more pictures of it, excuse the rain droplets. The way the ribbon is stitched in the back looks factory done to me, and considering how to-size it is with the hat makes it seem pretty authentic. Not a whole lot of info on Hopkins hats. But what I have seen is that they made some oddballs.
View attachment 48849
View attachment 48850 View attachment 48851
The more I look at that ribbon. The more I covet that hat. It would go perfectly with the tie dye suit I plan to have made one of these days. What a hoot.

tommyK

One Too Many
e06eac29a3b3f7642986c8e14938d937.jpg

Really got to find that emoticon with the mind blown! Wow, Harv! The glorious Flagship and now this! A banner day

mind bending

so amazing !

Thank you Anthony. I pulled this out earlier today to photograph for the faded ring discussion. Oddly, the faded ring on this hat seemed much subdued over what I remember. I hadn't worn it in a long while. It was the first Vita-Felt that I handled - my thought at the time was that the felt was like a pair of old furry slippers.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Anthony. I pulled this out earlier today to photograph for the faded ring discussion. Oddly, the faded ring on this hat seemed much subdued over what I remember. I hadn't worn it in a long while. It was the first Vita-Felt that I handled - my thought at the time was that the felt was like a pair of old furry slippers.

it is absolutely beautiful Alan

I would love to see any of the sweat markings on it if you ever gat a sec to photograph them

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I had a young lady tell me the other day that a black felt was the only acceptable hat for evening wear.
Well there you go:
Aloha 023.JPG
That photo is one that I have lifted off the Aloha shirts thread. To be honest, I haven't got out of my pyjamas today. I've come down with the worst strain of man-flu there is. The wallowing in self-pity strain, it's dreadful, probably life threatening. I'm thinking about a hot bath and going back to bed.

P. & C. Habig Wien "Spezial Qualität", 1930s maybe older. I only have two pre 1930s or older P. & C. Habig Wien Soft Felts, after looking for a long time.

26664869585_fb1d05e698_c.jpg

26059202284_287158b5c5_c.jpg

Hair Wax / Pomade stains?

26060651923_6a48d08bbe_c.jpg

Unique black sweatband

26059195534_4427dbbcca_c.jpg

26638406776_a57b1d5e54_c.jpg
Beautiful, Steve! Is that their old door sign you've scored?

Ole, Thanks! I have had this old plaque a for a while (now mounted and hanging on the wall). It could have been part of display of liner art work. This one (No. 79) is in English so for the American / UK markets.

Harv, Thanks! Great old Stetson on your part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael