Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
On the run today. Some great hats (Alan, GD, Dave, hatsRme, NYC et. al.)

A Stetson Premier I bought without a sweat. Really light hat. Great for cool spring days.

Photo on 5-28-15 at 12.37 PM.jpg

Photo on 5-28-15 at 12.37 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 5-28-15 at 12.38 PM.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
052815_1.jpg

052815_2.jpg

habanamonte4.jpg

This montecristi came to me from Buler last year. I have a number of optimo blocked panamas - one or two with a finer weave - but this one has become my favorite.

That is xactly the brim "swoop" I like. Especially in straws. Little less in the very front with some slight curl on the sides.

javadave61

Practically Family
Dave, the Trimble looks nice. I am not familiar with that brand. Is it new or vintage?

It's vintage, but not sure from exactly when. According to the "List of Classic Hat Makers" thread... Located in Orange, New Jersey, the Trimble Hat Company was a popular hat manufacturing company during the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.

This is interesting too...
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52635-Trimble-Hat-company-bills

This hat is more "western" than "fedora." The brim was a full three inches (though I trimmed it down to general OR specs) and the hat is very stiff like a western. It came with a cattleman's crease. It feels great on the head and is becoming one of my favorite everyday hats. I had to replace the sweat as it was deteriorating. It's says "Trimble Exclusive Floating Fit." The lining says "Midland Empire," but my searches have yielded nothing on what "Midland Empire" was. I'm wondering if Trimble manufactured the hat and Midland Empire (hat store?) placed their own lining. Not sure what to make of linings that don't match the sweat. I'm sure you guys can shine some light on that for me.

2015-04-01 20.39.52.jpg 2015-04-01 23.44.35.jpg

Wicked beau Chapeau, Guillaume!

Alan your Optimo is another STANDOUT!

Josh it's great to see you popping in with a post, Pal! The Milan is just over the top, off the hook, and lights out. Really an incredible job, GORGEOUS hat!

ingineer

One Too Many
Amazing hats everyone. Funny how i get the most complements with the least expensive hat.
Sunbody needs a little drizzle today
Found my WilleyX glasses that i hid on myself.

Last edited:

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
he looks great !

it may be time to go down to the hat shop and get the little man a felt and straw of his own

I got my first around his age ... or maybe younger ... right after seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark I lost my mind and it was all about hats for me ever since
I just might

CLassic, Harv! Looks even Sweeter in front of the honeysuckle. Great photo!

Richard your lid today is nothing short of spectacular. Colossal, even! Glad you found the shades you hid. Sometimes I interrupt myself in conversation. We're both good.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow, really really excellent display today!
You have a nice umbrella there ingineer!
Alan, nice wide brim on that optimo style too.
Josh, nice to see you and that beautiful Milan!
Harv, super Mallory.

Sorry to not be so prolific with comments-- school's out, which means dad doesn't see the desktop computer and everything is done off this tiny little future stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Homburger day, beginning with a brown belamey, and progressing to a tan Carlson. Finally beginning to taste humidity and heat this evening, so it's a triple for me today, concluding with my pantropic while I mow.

1dba9a234fe6048305c4be6c2b3c44e1.jpg

92089bbd850a3803cf99154a699b9415.jpg

468f6d4949479908dc365a6ab7466ed2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82