Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today FEPSA 2x/225 bunny hat
20150527.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate it.

Very creative Alan. I had to google Dumbledorean. Great description!

Renault, I sympathize with the people out there. I lost my house several years ago to flash flooding on top of flooding.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Out surveying the flood damage yesterday 6 hours earlier there was about 4' of water going thru where I'm a standin'.

And yes my compadres! Right there behind me is the Wilbarger creek!!!

hope everyone is safe my friend ....

loving this picture ... you remind me of family members I have

and that is a mans hat right there...

g.durand

One Too Many
Lots of fine hats today, gents.

Renault, here's hoping things dry out soon down there. I haven't heard any bad news from my folks in Houston or Bryan, so things are OK with them.

Borsalino Alessandria
IMG_6217_zps5fnjnj6y.jpg

Hi Zombie_61,

I don't have a steamer, but I do have a small boiler that I fill with a small amount of water, then cover most of the top with aluminum foil. I keep one part raised like a spout at the edge of the pot, which works well at directing the steam as the water heats. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll keep it in mind just in case I get myself into a situation where distilled water won't do the trick.

a tea kettle works perfectly
I've heard that, but we don't have one. [huh]

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Renault, Harv, Joao, Michael, moon, all fine hats guys. Very nice display of lids.

Not my favorite hat, the brim's too narrow for my liking and it's Silverbelly. Royal Stetson's clone of it's OR

Clone_RSOR.jpg

The_RS_jpg.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Another recent thrift store find for today. Dobbs 707 in a grey/taupe with matching band. I'd planned to put this one up for sale in the classifieds, but it seemed a shame not to wear it at least once, especially with the nearly-matching Dobbs tie I discovered at the Salvation Army store last night.

6606957c1f0fd98111301de67e651ea4.jpg

d62e617581a031a42eda223299477d0b.jpg

c99772d84d0c02a29f3225d91ae2525e.jpg

Very nice, S4C. I have a similar Dobbs, but it doesn't get alot of head time because of a stingy brim. It's a nice hat, though.

I purchased this Dobbs straw back in January on my visit to the Garland, TX Outlet Store. No tags, so no model, not even a size tag.

uDAk0Jdm.jpg

Everybody down in Texas, please stay dry and safe. And watch out for the fire ant balls.

Great TARs from yesterday Moon and Michael.
TJ you may not like that hat, but it's a winner in my book.
Nice flying 707 Strapped.
Sharp Dobbs Fruno.
Congrats on new office with window and nice hat Dave.
Super striped cap Greg.
Beauty of a Borsa Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe