Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Hatguy1 - I need a wine-tasting hat (and a beer sampling hat) :) Looks like you're enjoying yourself.

David - Nice Penman. We might not have the choice of mass-produced hats people once had, but we're blessed with some fine custom hat makers.

Rick - I'll forgive the ball-cap in honour of the occasion ;) How did he do?

Sorry for the late response, Richard. Well, we went 2-0 on Saturday and 2-1 Sunday, losing in the championship game after going into the last inning with a 6-3 lead. Not bad in the grand scheme of 13 year old baseball and it being the first tournament of the season. My son is a catcher and threw two runners out trying to steal second base and had a pretty decent tournament at the plate, hitting a double in his last at bat Sunday. Too bad the weather was so dreadful Sunday, as it the temps were in the low 40s with a 30 mph wind out of the north. It was terrible baseball weather!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRM Sand today
IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - sweet little black number :)

Perry - very nice colour

Charlie - great looking thin ribbon, and you wear the wider brims as well as the stingies.

Miami - I don't recall seeing that one before - sweet longhair

Sam - that CRM is beautiful.

Alan - very nice Homburg. Is the Acer trained as a bonsai? I'm dabbling again after taking a long break.

Richard - the Miller looks good. I'm frequently padding or stretching hats being an inbetweener.

Rick - thanks for getting back to me - doesn't sound like a bad run from my limited knowledge.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Looks good Richard. I like how they have that one styled. Not really something I could pull off well as I go for the more laid back styles that I can wear with my more relaxed wardrobe. But you look great in it.

Alan - very nice Homburg. Is the Acer trained as a bonsai? I'm dabbling again after taking a long break.

Yes it is. Not a showpiece, but I've managed to keep it alive for twenty years or so. I winter it in the basement by a window and it always insists on budding and leafing while I am still in winter hibernation. Someday I am going to catch it and prune it at the right time.

MiamiB, I am a huge fan of that longhair! Is is new to you?

Sam, the CRM suits you to a tee. Great color!

Alan, beauty of a Homburg, as per usual.

Ingineer, sweet Miller. Looks great on you!

Richard, you pull of that Homburg well, my friend. Love the pinch!

Kevin McAndrew today:
View attachment 11834

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Afternoon Gents! Everyone looks great as usual!

David, nice Biltmore OR...even if it is Black ;)
hatophile, one of my favorites! The Strat looks really nice! I like that color!
miamibruno, the Smith of Milwaukee looks good buddy! I like that one!
casechopper, classic style on the CRM...I really like that hat.
ingineer, the 5X Miller Brothers looks great! Nice Western!
Richard, that Akubra is a real cool looking Homburg. You wear it well buddy!
Harv, Nice Kevin McAndrew buddy. I like that!

On this cold and breezy afternoon from Central Ohio, I have no comment other than, It's Black. I hate it. But my son is going to love it. I converted this one for my son's birthday gift. I had planned on selling this to a fellow Lounger if my son didn't want it, but he wanted a Black fedora. This is another Resistol Stagecoach. I reblocked the crown, added a Khaki colored mid-ribbon, and cut the brim to 2 7/8. I feel bad about cutting it down though. Although it turned out pretty nice....(I have a little more touching up to do around the brim. I was too tired to mess with it any more today).

Black_Resistol_Conversion_01.jpg

Black_Resistol_Conversion_02.jpg

Black_Resistol_Conversion_04.jpg

Last edited:

Banky

One of the Regulars
Harv buddy can't tell you how happy I am you rock that thing with some regularity. It spent a good year packed away in my closet.

Terry, my friend, you have the hat conversion thing down pat. I don't like black hats either, but nice pick with the khaki ribbon. It really sets it off. Love the crown job, too. Never feel bad cutting down a brim. 2 7/8 works on that one, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe