Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Ha! You're the King of Black Hats my friend! Nobody wears a Black Western as well as you do! :D
Thank you. Send them all Black Westerns to me as I am the King ;)

Another killer western/leather look Joao.
Thanks but that jacket is not leather, it's a heavy cotton fabric. It's a Schott model 918. You are not the first one to think it was leather :)

That hat looks good on you. You pull off those wide brims better than you think. You should give some thought to a Western with a brim of around 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 inches wide.
+1

TJones - 4" is definitely too much on me, but I might try 3 1/4" :)
Go for 3 1/2"

I'm still undecided about this hat. I don't know if I really like it that well. It's a nice quality hat though, and it feels substantial. My 4X Resistiol Stagecoach conversion by John Galt...I'm deciding whether or not to sell it, trade it, or keep it....
I would say also to keep it but it's your decision.

Yesterday the Dobbs West.
20140323.jpg

Today that black "flying saucer" made by Stetson
20140324.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - great looking cap

John - that looks good. How pale is bone? A typical panama shade or whiter?

Perry - that Tilden is superb.

TJones - keep it. If my attempt at a Stagecoach conversion comes out anywhere near as good as that one I'll be delighted.

Superb hats Alan and Joao!
:arated:

Fantastic fedoras; Ca-razy, captivating caps, with all properly and proudly perched in place! Wearing my VS dove w/basic black ribbon, (2-1/2" bound brim) my role has (for now) transitioned to Chauffeur, Footman, Butler, etc. Here are Mom and I in another Doc's waiting room. My hair is getting longer than hers. No time for the barber lately...

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie - I hope your mum is doing okay. With that family resemblance I think you ought to talk her into trying a fedora - women look great in fedoras. Great VS.

Gear-guy - nice stingie.

---

Stingy for me today too. SAKS with a Cavanagh edge - probably the pre-hatco 70's from what Brad noted.

job

One Too Many
Richard, The Winchester bone felt bodies are like a light panama, super light khaki color. Definitely not off white.
Bowlerman has a great looking one from Falcon park that has a vintage burgundy ribbon on it.
I don't know why it's not popular around here. It was my first custom hat. I wanted a hat made with a big contrast in felt and ribbon color that screams custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe