Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Richard--great looking outfit, the cap is the perfect topper. Happy to hear that it didn't completely get away from you. Thanks to you, miamibruno, TJones, dh66 and gearguy for the comments on the Knox.

dh66-we had a '59 Ford Fairlane 500 when I was growing up. My dad hated it because it seemed that every weekend he was having to work on it.

OG--nice to see that beautiful gray Mallory again.
AnA--the Emerson is outstanding. Really like the way you shape those brims.
TJones--great looking Badford. Don't wear yourself out with the snow, but I know it has to be done. I don't miss shoveling snow, having lived upstate New York for twelve years.
Joao-- fantastic Beaver Brand western.

Another Optimo restoration, the Lee Harmony.
photo1-42_zps45f62a5e.jpg

Spent most of this past week trying to get into and out of D.C. I did enjoy a long afternoon walk around the mall, deserted of government workers, but filled with kids and their parents enjoying Capitol hill. Slushy snow... felt like April in Buffalo. I was traveling a Stetson Stratoliner.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Beautiful strat and photos Alan.
G. the Lee looks right at home on you. I had a '59 500 until about the time my daughter was born about 6 years ago. The Mrs. convinced me we needed the $$ more than I needed two Fords.
Cap looks great Richard. 1st time I think I've seen it in action since I saw it on the cap thread.
Killer westerns Joao & T.J.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Richard - nice look and it seems the sun is shining.

GD - great looking Lee

Alan - cool photos of snowy Washington. I like the Stratoliner too.

Well, would you believe it? Snowing again in New Hampshire.

Akubra Campdraft for me today

smugshot_1802203-L.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
Mano as always great
Gdurand great hat and it goes perfect with that jacket
Alan good look except for the snow. I know I'm sick of it
DJH as usual your hat store is perfect.
Wearing my Berg around the house today as I refuse to go outside in this mess unless I have to. Nice look Gents.

tommyK

One Too Many
View attachment 9992
Borsalino Como.
This hat was always a little too tapered for my taste. After finally landing a 52 block in my size I like this hat much better after reblocking/reshaping it. Lost maybe a quarter inch in height but the fuller crown looks better IMO.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Manfred, AnA, Richard, dh66, thanks guys. I appreciate your comments on my Bradford.

Joao, That's an awesome Beaver Brand Western! Nice!
Richard, Very nice JDoL cap! I really like the extended bill and the pattern on that one!
g.durand, Nice! Looks like Optimo did a great restoration on your Lee Harmony!
alan, Beautiful Strat! I love the color on that one!
DJH, The Campdraft is a fine classic!I like that!
tommyk, Yup. I like the straight sided crowns too. Nice reblock work on your Borso. Looks nice!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AnA - I did smoke a pipe for several years, but when Balkan Sobranie was discontinued I searched in vain for a good replacement, made do with Dunhill 965, then that vanished from the local tobacconist and I gave up pipes. Lovely Emerson, and a great backdrop.

Dunhill 965 was a great mixture. I preferred their Standard Mixture - Medium. However, it disappeared off of the US shelves many years ago. Not sure if 965 is still available here. Frog Morton became a favorite, until we had our first child. She told me to stop smoking when she was 3-years old, so I obliged. :)

Super cap, by the way! :thumb:

Roan

One of the Regulars
Got this vintage Pedigree homburg earlier this week and finally had the chance to wear it to the grocery store today. :)

DSCN0421.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
g.d - That Lee Harmony is lovely. Optimo appear to have done a great job on your recent restorations.
Alan - great photos of a white house in a white landscape, and a great looking Strat.
David - Good looking crease on the campy
Tommy - The re-block works well, I think sacrificing a little crown height has worked well.
Roan - that's a beautiful Homburg.
Anarcho -Chossid -great photo, do we have to guess which Borso is yours?

Thanks for the comments on the cap. I'm trying to track down more James Dermot caps, I've a horrible feeling he might not be making them anymore.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
g.d - That Lee Harmony is lovely. Optimo appear to have done a great job on your recent restorations.
Alan - great photos of a white house in a white landscape, and a great looking Strat.
David - Good looking crease on the campy
Tommy - The re-block works well, I think sacrificing a little crown height has worked well.
Roan - that's a beautiful Homburg.
Anarcho -Chossid -great photo, do we have to guess which Borso is yours?

Thanks for the comments on the cap. I'm trying to track down more James Dermot caps, I've a horrible feeling he might not be making them anymore.

+1 on all!

Richard, that Dermott Cap suits you great, Perfect for your style!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - the Beaver Brand looks good. I hope the weather we've just had doesn't reach you.
Thanks. We experienced floods around the Country because of the storm days. Today everything is quiet... no wind... no rain... no clouds...

Joao-- fantastic Beaver Brand western.
Killer westerns Joao & T.J.
Joao, That's an awesome Beaver Brand Western! Nice!
Thanks.

Sunshine morning... big brim to keep it from my eyes. OK not that big :)
20140216.jpg

Resistol Buckskin Diamond Horseshoe

SUPER hats this week; and always great to welcome new faces, folks!
Today, the snow around here has abated...

I still enjoy the snow, and I'm out there somewhere with my Ariens Pro28. Boys with their toys...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - just love the outfit. Perfect.
gdurang - great jacke/fedora combo.
Nice trip, Alan. Nice hat too. I've never seen DC with snow before.
David - the BGCD is always a good choice..
Tommyk - I own two Comos an they're among my favorites. Good choice.
Roan - what a hommie! Classic.
Blaze - I have the feeling we'll be seeing some good noir photos from you.
Ebony - fantastic crease on the Fed. Great photo.
Joao - what can I say - I'd like to live where you do. Does it ever rain or snow?

Borso Alessandria today with vintage 1950s jacket and tie.

View attachment 10009

View attachment 10010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82