Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the Dunn & Co folks.

Three thirty in the morning here, but there's no way I can sleep with the winds we've got...

Harv - nice looking OR, it works well with that shirt.

OG - I love that Dark Moss colour.

Justin - fine looking cap, with great fabric.

Dale - glad you got the hat cleaner. What did you use in the end?

Thanks guys.
1mach1 & Gear-Guy, it's a Galaxie, not a 'bird. I sure dig those early 60s T-birds though.
Richard, I let it dry (for lack of a better term) for a couple of days then hit it with a brush. There's still some faint stain but most of the black grime came off. I still haven't tried any kind of solvent. There's actually a hatter in downtown here, so I'm thinking about letting it with him for a while when warmer weather rolls around and I'm wearing out the straws. I'm tall enough most folks won't see the dirty spots anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys.
1mach1 & Gear-Guy, it's a Galaxie, not a 'bird. I sure dig those early 60s T-birds though.

That's a '61 Galaxie isn't it? I liked those old Fords. I had quite a few old Chevys at different times when I was younger, two '57 Chevys, two '56 Chevys, and a '55 Chevy that I swapped and sold way back when. If I had the means to buy an old Ford like yours, I'd love to drop a 428 Cobra Jet in it with a 4 speed behind it. Maybe go with something like a 373 or a 410 in the differential, depending on whether or not I'd be doing some freeway driving. May have to go with a 373 for freeway driving since there'd be a 4 speed behind that 428....Oh, this is a hat thread isn't it! My bad! I'd be wearing a fedora when I drove it though! Old Man's dreams! ;)

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
When this Mallory arrived around six months ago, it came with its original sales receipt - from a mens store in Connecticut - no longer in business. Sales receipt said it was a $10 hat reduced to $8. The suit cost around $50, but the suit didn't come to my house with the hat. I believe the hat was never worn. It was stored in a very dry place, as there was absolutely no aroma, and the sweat had dried out. A new sweat from Art, and it's ready for another 50 years.

View attachment 9968

View attachment 9969

View attachment 9970

Good eye T.J. It is a '61, and I have a fedora (occasionally a cap) on every time I get in it. Gotta love the hat room in the old ones

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Dunn & Co Homburg of unknown vintage. A tad snug so perfect for the wind...

homburg_zps2ca70860.jpg

Cracking look, Richard! :thumb: You look like you could be in a shoot-em-up Guy Ritchie movie!! I'm thinking the next Sherlock Holmes film...

homburg_zps2ca70860.jpg

Done in kind jest, of course! :p

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good eye T.J. It is a '61, and I have a fedora (occasionally a cap) on every time I get in it. Gotta love the hat room in the old ones
Oh yeah, definitely love the hat room in those old cars. I have a GMC pick up that doesn't accommodate the tall crown Fedoras and Westerns that I wear very well. My old Ford pick up did though.

You have the perfect hat there, Andy. Man oh man, just classic! Here's to the next 50!! :cheers1:

Richard, a classic pose! Your pipe looks very extinguished!

A&A super-looking lid against the wall in the green room!

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
Gotta love the hat room in the old ones.2

You said it, brother. Makes me crazy whacking my fedoras on the rooflines (even if I dip my head) in most modern cars today.

Sounds like some serious winds in Kent, Richard. Batten down the hatches (from someone in one windy area of the earth to another)....

Another fine display of hats and caps today, gents. Happy weekend, everyone.

Happy birthday, George. ;-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great hats today all!

Richard, you are a natural Hat wearer. All hats look good on you, nice Homburg!

Harv, splendid Stetson. Sharp hat!

O-Guy, very good looking hat and Jacket!

Justin, I love your Gilson Cap, what for a find!

Dale, nobody else rocks these stingys as you!

Andy, fantastic Mallory. You wear him great!

AnA, looking good with beard my friend, it's long ago that I saw a photo of you.
Thumbs up for the Emerson!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking lids today Gents!
Justin, I really like that vintage Campbell and Gilson cap. I'm going to have to expand on my cap collection.
Andy, That's a great looking Mallory!
AnA, That is one nice looking Emerson!

On this sunny but chilly a.m. from Central Ohio I've been busy shoveling out from under more snow fall! What happened to global warming? I'm done with this snow!...Today is a good day to wear one of my favorites, 7X Bradford Western, early '50s vintage...

zhq9.jpg

...and of course, wearing my Bradford on the Dark Side!

View attachment 9971

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
A&A super-looking lid against the wall in the green room!

Very nice Emerson, AnA!

AnA, looking good with beard my friend, it's long ago that I saw a photo of you.
Thumbs up for the Emerson!

AnA, That is one nice looking Emerson!

Thanks for the Emerson comments, everyone!

Great to see you around, too, Manfred! I've been seeing your caps on the CF thread; very nice. Thank you for the beard comment; my friends have given me good feedback, I'm really liking it now that it's come in.

Love that Bradford, TJ!! :thumb: The swoop is very pronounced. You look like you're ready for the range.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - lovely looking Mallory

AnA - I did smoke a pipe for several years, but when Balkan Sobranie was discontinued I searched in vain for a good replacement, made do with Dunhill 965, then that vanished from the local tobacconist and I gave up pipes. Lovely Emerson, and a great backdrop.

That's a skinny ribbon TJones. Great swoop too.

Joao - the Beaver Brand looks good. I hope the weather we've just had doesn't reach you.

---

Thanks for all the comments on the Homburg. The wind is dying down now, but today was not a fedora day - I had to chase the cap down the road once...
James Dermot of London:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82