Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the great family pics from a FedorFest, too, Bolthead... But a new generation must always be in the wings! I wonder if a young fedora-wearer, or Father/Son/Grandson type of thread would work? JOB or Che immediately come to mind.

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
And the great family pics from a FedorFest, too, Bolthead... But a new generation must always be in the wings! I wonder if a young fedora-wearer, or Father/Son/Grandson type of thread would work? JOB or Che immediately come to mind.

Great idea, Charlie! I believe I have seen some few pics of wives and daughters wearing fedoras, too. Maybe a "hatted-family-pics" thread would be an idea. That would include both wives and daughters, but also (grand)parents. I've seen quite a few examples of the latter around the existing threads.

pw018.jpg

Fawcett Monday for me.

Good to see you back, Perry.

This was once my go to winter hat... a somewhat heavy private label Fifteen made for Peller & Mure in Buffalo. c. 1950 - felted edge, union made... Lee perhaps? When I first met Gary White (The Custom Hatter) he was running the hat department at Peller & Mure.

012014.jpg

Very nice, Alan. Is the felt on that one as heavy as it looks?

Thanks Garrett... it's very thick and zesty. Similar in feel and styling to a Knox 20 but heavier. Weighs in at 5.2 ozs. I bought it from eBay several years ago for the provenance. Peller & Mure was a wonderful store.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
David, beautiful Mallory!

Sam, lookin good! I'm really liking that coat.

Orange, another winner of a cap.

Perry, very nice vs!

Alan, great look to that one. I really like that rustic color!

howardeye

Practically Family
Sam - nice cap - I like the full cut

Bert - the Champ looks good brim up. How long did the carving take?

Thanks. Necklace took several years accumulating cutoffs from pendants and shaping each bead takes me a long time because of damage to my hands and fingers. I had 3 fossil walrus teeth on there also but my wife thought it looked better without them. I may add a monster size black bear tooth in the middle when I get the silver wrapping on it. I made the beads not to be uniform in size to make it unique and not to imitate other's works! Most of my fossil ivory and teeth work is in the photo albums on my Facebook page.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - you always make a great start to the day - the Mallory is no exception.

Sam - that Selentino looks great on you.

Andy - nice cap, and give a furry a go. I've only gone the velour route so far, but it's nice to have some texture in the collection.

Perry - great looking Fawcett, and a nice sweater too.

Alan - The proportions and colour on that 15 are lovely.

Bert - thanks for the info. the different sizes work well.

Manfred - thanks for the comment, and once again thank you so much for the splendid cap.

Mystic - almost missed that beauty whilst I was posting - beautiful Whippet

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy and Richard, thanks for the comments on the hats from Saturday! I would like to return the compliments on your choices as well. Andy you wear all of your caps (and hats) well and Richard I really like the color and style of the Panizza. Very nice.

Steve, Mystic, Alan, Perry, David, Sam looking sharp everyone!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Mystic: Delicious color on that Whippet.

Richard: The scenery and color scheme of a renaissance painting. Very stylish as always!

Steve: Now, that is one extremely elegant hat! Another "need-to-have" :eek:hwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82