Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gear-guy - lovely Borso

Garrett - very nice Dunn & Co. You don't see many from the 20s/30s

Joe - good looking western

Jeff - that's a great looking bowler

hatguy1 - looks a decent reproduction. My knowledge of the American Civil War is obviously limited, but Lee seemed an interesting figure who you could never easily pigeon-hole.

Well done, Richard! The Akubra folks should be in touch with you soon about the promo shot... :cheers1:

Hatguy1 that's a hat to be worn any time... looks okay to me!

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Terry,

I'm glad you like the ROTLA hat and will have something other than OR's to wear (although that's really not so bad, is it? ;-). I want to see a head shot of the Westlite when it arrives. I think you're going to like it a lot too.

JG

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

ManofKent

Thanks folks. The moonstone Fed probably gets the least wear of the three Feds but does work well with blues. Ole - the plain fabric is British Millerain, so it does keep the worst of the rain off the shoulders - jacket is Common People - a fairly new English company.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Excellent hats the last few days, gentlemen!

Andy, your Starflower Cap is a killer, super!

Charlie, a nice black hat and you look great with him!

TOuten, looking good on you your Penman!

Joao, that wide brimmed Stetson has found the right head!

Monk, love it, Herbert Johnson Poet hat is legendary!

Racuda, the right hat vor a trip in the Zoo. Looking good!

Michael, you sporting the Dobbs perfect and suits you great!

David, lovely 7X a super hat!

Hatguy, so looks my cap too, haha!

TJ, a great conversion from John, sharp look for you!

gear-guy, very nice stingy Bosalino, fits perfect!

Garrett, super Dunn. Splendid hat!

Joe, lovely Stetson, great shape and works great with the jacket!

Jeff, you look great with the Masterson. That is the hat style I love on you!

Richard, perfect dressed as always. The Akubra, perfect for you!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks folks. The moonstone Fed probably gets the least wear of the three Feds but does work well with blues. Ole - the plain fabric is British Millerain, so it does keep the worst of the rain off the shoulders - jacket is Common People - a fairly new English company.

Thanks for the tip. They also seem to have some nice shoes and boots - and at reasonable prices. Unfortunately, they don't have any representation in DK. They do have a webshop, though ... and two shops in Seoul :D

hatguy1

One Too Many
Saturday Fed:

Richard, that is an awesome fedora, man. Honestly, when I think of fedoras that's the kind of color, pinch, brim, and tilt etc that comes to mind. Great hat.

hatguy1 - looks a decent reproduction. My knowledge of the American Civil War is obviously limited, but Lee seemed an interesting figure who you could never easily pigeon-hole.
That he is. At the outset of the War, Lee was offered the command of the Union side, but said he would refuse if his home state of Virginia left the Union as he could never fight against his home state. (State of origin was a far bigger thing to folks here back then as they were usually born, raised and died within the same state, etc). I remember coming across that in a research assignment back in my school days, but was brought out well in the movie "Gods and Generals." In fact, the man who supervised the capture of abolitionist John Brown after he attacked the U.S. (not yet Union v. CSA) armory at Harper's Ferry, VA (before there was a W. VA) was Colonel Robt E. Lee US Army.

Lee also never owned any slaves himself other than those he inherited from his father-in-law's estate (present day famous Arlington National Cemetery just outside Washington, D.C.). And he had a program going emancipating each of them after they had established - with his help - ability to earn a living etc as freed persons. Unfortunately for his legacy, he didnt' have them all free by the outbreak of hostilities. And Lee's attitudes towards both the institution of slavery AND secession did not play well in the army of the CSA, earning him only an advisory position to CSA president Jefferson Davis and not a field command.

Lee was such a gentleman that during the surrender ceremony at Appomatox Courthouse, almost every request he made of Grant had little to do with himself or his own future. Rather everything was about the care of his men (e.g., pointing out to Grant that most of the horses of his officers were their own personal mounts and not army issue. Thus he requested they be able to keep their horses so they could use them back on the farm, etc to provide their own subsistence. This was not for Lee's benefit as the Union had taken his wife's beloved Arlington House early in the War and they never gave it back. Lee basically was a city dweller for the rest of his days.)

All in all, Robt. E. Lee was quite the man and quite a gentleman. And it's to acknowledge his place in history and in honor of his genteel and gentlemanly ways that I wear the kepi and acknowledge his birthday. Many interesting books on Lee - several on his own writings etc in his own words - and a million Google hits are available if you're interested in researching him further. I'm sure our fellow Lounger, HistoryTeach24, could also add some more on subject.

But again, sir, congratulations on the awesome fedora.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday! MiamiBruno and HatsRme busted out and enjoyed a breakfast together, talking hats, kids, life, etc. Then, we started it all over again. I in my VS Lite sahara, and MiamiB wearing a magnificent Lee. I can't wait to do it again... although we might benefit by bringing along our "attendants" (wives) so to let them compare their respective spouse's obsessions.

HEY KURT!!! It's the old faces that need renewal!

How goes the battle, sir? Good to "see" you here! I'm sure you're still wearing... are you still collecting hats?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Good to see you, Bolthead. Welcome back!

orange, stellar cap!

Charlie, great shot! Both of you are sporting some nice lids!

Richard, that look is excellent!

Hatguy, very nice!

Jeff, lookin good!

Joe, I really like how that grant looks on ya! Great choice.

Joao, man you can wear those wide brims with ease!

bolthead

HEY KURT!!! It's the old faces that need renewal!

How goes the battle, sir? Good to "see" you here! I'm sure you're still wearing... are you still collecting hats?

Thanks Buddy. ;-) Still wearing, not as much as I used to, but I'll always be a hat/fedora wearing fool. The battle is still going on. Good too see u too.

nice meeting u Splinter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82