Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Nice '20s cap!
hatsRme, Classic looking Whiskey!
Joao, Cheer up my friend! Smile! You're not going to get wet standing under that hat!

Good chilly evening from Central Ohio, Gents! Thought I'd wear my latest purchase again. Stetson's Imperial in Suede Finish....

yqj8.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bravi, all.

Charlie, I thought about your whiskey vs when I saw John Goodman wearing something very similar in "inside llewyn Davis" yesterday.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

gear-guy

Practically Family
Andy, Nice '20s cap!
hatsRme, Classic looking Whiskey!
Joao, Cheer up my friend! Smile! You're not going to get wet standing under that hat!

Good chilly evening from Central Ohio, Gents! Thought I'd wear my latest purchase again. Stetson's Imperial in Suede Finish....

yqj8.jpg

Wait did Tjones just tell Joao to smile? Both of you nice hats and smiles!!!!!!!!!!1:D

I looked a lot more like Mr. Goodman about seventy pounds ago; not the biggest, but I am a loser. Thanks to all for the kind comments today gentlemen.

I have to kindly respond with a question to Ole's comment regarding the whiskey color of today's hat. This hat, like the jacket it is paired with in the picture, and like many other ambiguous colors of felt (especially olives, pecans, brown olives, etc.) is very responsive to light temperature, even to the naked eye. The jacket I'm wearing in the photos has caused arguments over whether it was greenish or brownish, (I have two daughters... they will argue over colors!) and the source of light is always important in the argument. I have demonstrated these chameleon-like properties several times.

And, Ole, you are absolutely correct about the monitor factor!

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I have to kindly respond with a question to Ole's comment regarding the whiskey color of today's hat [...] And, Ole, you are absolutely correct about the monitor factor!

You're absolutely right - some colors are more sensitive to the light temperature. Many browns and greenish browns tilt between reddish and greenish hues when light shifts from incandescent (orange) light to daylight (blueish). The color brown is mainly a ballance between red and green pigments, so it's particularly sensitive to that shift. Ordinary fluorescent light (old fashioned non-daylight tubes) is very green, so that will probably make your hat go completely acid.

The reason I didn't mention, what we both agree on, is that the effect is so obvious and dependent on the light source. But we are right ... that factor always comes on top ;)

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
A good start to the day Gear-Guy and DJH!

Many thanks to all for the comments on my Goorin Bros. Porkpie. Limited intermet connection has meant I couldn't say thank you unitl now.

Today something a little different (although the Porkpie is in my hand). I'm not sure whether the colour goes well with the tie, but maybe some experienced Loungers can comment on this ;)

View attachment 8355

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ghostrider - the red contrasts with the tie fairly well, but the yellow script is probably a little much :)
To think that a bowler was once considered reasonable protection on a building site...

Andy - Looks good, and as you know I'm a fan of Squatters.

Sam - always good to see that beret.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
gear-guy, Joao, Richard, Ha! You guys aren't looking closely enough! There's a smile there somewhere! If you guys look really really close you can almost see my smile! I can just about see Joao's smile too! :D

David, very classy Borso my friend!

For me on this chilly Central Ohio morning it's a 4X Open Road for my smiling face! But look real close. You can almost see the smile! :D

apkq.jpg

You've swung back with great momentum, David...beautiful.

I enjoy seeing all the fine contributions to this thread. Thank you for sharing.

A peaceful thaw continues in Buffalo this morning.

011314.jpg

bantam3.jpg

A little match-matchy today, but I like how the sweatband works with this jacket. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82