Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - that brim is doing a good job of keeping the sun out of your eyes :)

Gear-guy - nice find!

g.d. - The OR looks great

---

Thanks for the comments of yesterday's photo of Faversham Creek.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat's yesterday and today!
For a dog walk my Akubra Snowy River brim cutted Version . I have get new glasses yesterday a new Ray Ban what do you think?
hyheqa6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

A classic style, both hat AND glasses, Manfred. Suits you well.

G. You can never go wrong with the Open Road.

A good day indeed, Gear Guy! Congrats on that find.

Joao sharp as usual. Glad you found some sunshine, but even the foggy day is good in the big Stetson

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Manfred - love what you did with the Snowy River. I never would have guessed it's an Akubra.
Richard - how did you get the crown so low on your Squatter? I'll take a photo of myself in the same hat tomorrow - and you'll see how huge the crown is on mine. I will say it's becoming one of my favorite hats. With the featherweight felt and no liner, it's a hat that can be worn all year round.

Today I'm wearing a true vintage 1920s 8-panel.

View attachment 8324

View attachment 8325

Manfred the Raybans are the perfect spectacles for you, sir. Great look!

What a magnificent cap, Andy. In the current vernacular, totally sick! (That's extremely POSITIVE today!)

Richard even your weekend look is deliberately, yet casually decked out. Well done!

Thought I'd demo the color-changing properties of the VS Whiskey... A flash, then "daylight" florescent.

View attachment 8326 View attachment 8327

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - the Squatter came pre-creased in a shallow telescope/pork-pie: http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=20 I simply added a pinch and pushed up the crown crease at the front a little to convert it into a teardrop. Hopefully only 2 months for the Deep Fawn one too arrive :)

Very nice cap Andy.

Charlie - thanks. That Whiskey felt is beautiful. I definitely need a hat in the Whiskey/Pecan spectrum...

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: Great brim-job and the new glasses are are a great match. New glasses is always a treat, and those look really sharp on you.

Richard: Also a great Aussie-conversion! I don't remember seeing you with a pie, but the new crease works just great.

Andy: Wonderful fabric on that 8-panel. Is it one of the caps, Johnny J had up for sale?

Charlie: I'm with Richard here ... I need at least a(nother) hat in whiskey. It's such a great color, and perfect for rainy weather. A few drops of rainwater never hurt a good whiskey ;)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Many many thanks, Dale. Richard, Justin, Andy, Charlie and Ole for the nice comments.
Good to have a neutral opinion, I was not sure about the glasses whether look good on me! Thanks to all.

Richard, the Squatter looks right home on you, a fine hat with a great color!

Andy, that Cap looks stellar, wonderful fabric and well worn my friend!

Charlie, that Color is splendid for a hat and suits you really perfect !

m0nk

One Too Many
Manfred the Raybans are the perfect spectacles for you, sir. Great look!

What a magnificent cap, Andy. In the current vernacular, totally sick! (That's extremely POSITIVE today!)

Richard even your weekend look is deliberately, yet casually decked out. Well done!

Thought I'd demo the color-changing properties of the VS Whiskey... A flash, then "daylight" florescent.

View attachment 8326 View attachment 8327

I love the hat and the effect!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I love the hat and the effect!

Indeed an interesting effect. It has nothing to do with hat features, though - it's all due to the camera's white balancing :)

Different light sources have very different color schemes. To be able to shoot in available light without annoying color casts, the camera tries to shift it's color sensitivity to fit the color of the light - it performes a "white balancing". The only way to do that is to assume, that the average of the motif is (close to) white (or neutral gray). The camera sees the white walls - but the rest is in the brown/red/orange area. Therefore the camera tilts it's perception toward the complementary color of the motif's prominent color ... in this case: Green. When using flash, the camera assumes, that the (neutral white) flashlight is the prominent light source. The result is no or very slight white balancing.

Sorry to be such a spoilsport [huh] :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82