Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, Al, David and Andy, my sincerest thanks for the kind words, I always appreciate them!

Baron, nice straw with a wonderful pug!

David, the OR 25 is very nice and you wear him great!

Andy, always a good choice the nice Fed!

John, this Cap looks great on you, nice photo too!

Perry, looks perfect as ever!

Sam, you wear him great!

Robert, a lovely Stetson!

Roger, that is a great looking Milan on you!

AnA, love that hat, looks sharp how it is shaped!

Hudson, and looks very good, not to forget!

Richard, sharp Cavanagh, great shape! Sits on the right head!

g.durand

One Too Many
Richard, I would agree with Rogera, you can wear any hat it seems. The Cavanagh looks good.

HudsonHawk, the tractor and the Stetson remind me of my grandfather (long gone) in Texas.

Really like that Dobbs Milan, Roger.

Manfred, the Mayser looks great. Beautiful setting for it, too.

A'n'A--the FP is a fine hat, whether you're hungry or full!

In keeping with the meal theme, I just got in after a dining out on Mongolian beef and Kung Pao chicken. Almost falling asleep in my chair.

Adam Exec
Photo1-148_zpsbde7035b.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
A sunny Friday morning in Cleveland

David - that Penman black cherry is very nice!

Another day with my BGCD. This hat gets a lot of head time, along with my Feds.

I don't mind the sun shining in my eyes - it doesn't happen often here

With my Navajo malachite ring and new to me (but quite vintage) malachite bolo. Amazing how the two stones match.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks bowlerman

Andy: The CD is a very versatile hat. The taupe fawn is one color of campdraft that I haven't seen in person but it does look good in photos.

ManofKent: Thanks! The thin ribbon is a bit more low profile and can be worn with more clothing. The fat ribbons are more colorful and fun. They each have their place.

DJH: Thanks! This is one of my oldest (longest in my possession) hats. The new hats usually get the most head time while still new to me. Every time I see your black cherry it makes me want a hat in that color.

Manfred: Thanks! The flat cap works well with the casual clothing you're wearing in the photo. Is that a vent on the rear lefthand side?

For today: Knox superfine
IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HH - I always wondered whether the sides were swept up for sight or for air flow.

AnA - That Falcoln Park looks good, particularly in the second shot.

Rogera - Nice Milan.

re. different hat types, I suspect the beard helps visually balance hats. The big head means I have to be careful with caps - anything with too small a volume is best avoided. I'm not sure the 'rules' over head shapes and hats have much going for them.

G.D. - The Adam exec looks good - is there that much contrast between brim binding and ribbon in life?

Manfred - Cap looks good. I've been tempted several times by some of the vintage Panizza felts.

David - Great Colour!

GtDean - Looks perfect for a hot day.

Andy - You've got quite a collection of jewellery to go with quite a collection of Akubras.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy - You've got quite a collection of jewellery to go with quite a collection of Akubras.

Now that we're sort of empty-nesters with our daughter in college, my wife and I are looking for common interests. She makes jewelry, and we both enjoy Native American jewelry. My wife does a great job of making jewelry, but doesn't really know how to sell it. We're looking into new venues for her to enjoy what she does, but also make some money at it (or at least not lose money).

Next spring we're going to take a trip to Arizona and New Mexico to check out some places we might consider for retirement. I'm a good ten years away from that, but I want to start checking early. I could imagine us having a virtual store for my wife's jewelry as well as Native American jewelry. We'll see.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Lyle, the 'piece of jewlery' around the shirt-neck gives a completely new meaning to the question: "Does this hat make you tick?" :D

Great OR. I like the color with the silverish ribbon

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, AnA, David, Perry and Richard, thanks a lot, gentlemen for your comments!

David, awesome color on your Penman, I love it!

Tom, such a beautiful hat!

Andy, great collection of Akubras! I wonder, was that bolo made by your wife? I like it very much.

Sam, the Knox superfine looks superfine on you. Thanks for your comment, is no vent, it's a Metal Logo pin with Panizza!

Richard, thank you, If you can get a Panizza you have one of the finest felt hats made in Italy. As good as Borsalino or Barbisio!

Perry, or Dr. Perry what should I say? Sharp dressed for today!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well, it looks like a hell of a Friday for y'all. Excellent array so far today.

I, too, really like that photo of you in your Penman, David.

Stetson 25OR for me, provided it holds the stretch I gave it last night.

ci53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe