Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great shots from your travels, Al & Manfred.

I like the Slouch hat, LottsaNames

That's a nice Adam straw, Baron.

Cooler here today, a chance to wear this Stetson 25 Open Road style.

smugshot_9966851-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thursday morning in Cleveland

Manfred and T.E. - you live in amazing locations! The settings for your photos are wonderful.

Al - is it your music that brings you to such exciting locales? Or are you just fortunate to be able to travel?

Another sunny day in Cleveland.

Fed IV Deluxe in Moonstone.

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
Great hats this morning from around the world gentlemen.

Playing around with Photobucket this morning with my City Sport linen cap.
I start off with caps and end up in straw hats. I just tend to post pics in the morning.
Still love my straw hats and miss my felt ones.

citysport001_zpsf9a60f78.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow, that's really beautiful pictures. The areas around lake Como and Garda are so extremely picturesque! The reasonably short distance to this Paradize is a blessing to us Europeans, we just have to be aware and remember that fact. Thanks for reminding me - and please keep up the good work :)

Looks like an interesting 'Saldi', by the way. Have you found any stylish, Italian shoes or hats?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I am envious of everyone's travels as of late! Thanks, all, for sharing your beautiful photos.

Manfred-- Venice, Salo, Limone...!!!! They are all absolutely breathtaking!

I took a whirlwind trip to western South Dakota in an effort to try and entertain my mother and keep her away from my wife during her visit this week. I actually saw quite a lot of hats, mostly western, but some nice fedoras occasionally. Many of the wearers were bikers, and one old, pencil thin man with an 18 inch wiry white beard looked absolutely amazing in his jeans, big belt buckle, boots, and a tall dark chocolate western top hat with a wide studded leather band! It was most likely wool, I think, but for a second I wanted to be that guy! He told me he got it in Prescott, AZ.

I wore only my Buckaroo hat. Here are a few hatcentric shots of our excursion.

from a tourist attraction called "1880s Town" where every building was imported, but authentic. There were tons of hats on display, most of them were not authentic whatsoever, simply props, but a few amazing ones were behind glass:

d7rd.jpg

2oxw.jpg

a view from the outskirts of that "town."
2d45.jpg

shouldn't have robbed that stagecoach...
prg1.jpg

On to Badlands. This place made me feel like we were on the moon.

o9bd.jpg

q2qh.jpg

Me and my boy:
t3cg.jpg

5pjq.jpg

Mt. Rushmore. Where's Washington?
t2wx.jpg

The most poignant spot for me was at Crazy Horse, though I've been there a few times before. No hat shot here, but here's my son looking at the memorial.
ru2c.jpg

The sculptor, Korzcak Ziolkowski, always had his hat on. Last year I had the pleasure of meeting his widow, Ruth, who runs the whole operation now. She is quite an amazing woman.
http://frogstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Korczak.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
MANFRED, what a fantastic photo of your in your parabuntal!

I'm loving all these thin ribbons today; the ORs and CDs. Sam, I got so used to seeing you in the modified CD I had to do a doubletake!

Nice OR, David.

Job, totally dig that cap. You seriously wear them well.

OG, the Feds are really on you lately! ;)

Perry, that's one of the nicest white hats I've seen, and you rock it. From where is Weckony?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Great pics Jeff. Brings back memories of when I visited the Badlands and Rushmore as a kid. Ziolkowski hadn't gotten very far on Crazy Horse at the time (early '70's), I remember there was a smaller sculpture of what it was to look like once it was completed.

David - I like the new Stetson 25 more each time I see it. Perry - great to see this white hat back in the rotation... beauty.

Thanks for all the fine images shared from near and far, everyone.

John, I think you wear your caps very well. Have you ever tried taking hold of the button and moving the top to one side a little? Just wondering...

cheers,
Alan

Chepstow, that's really beautiful pictures. The areas around lake Como and Garda are so extremely picturesque!

+1... thanks for sharing, Manfred. I visited Lago di Como many years ago. My mom had a work partner who lived up the mountain in Brunate. I visited with him and toured the towns along the lakeside by boat. beautiful memories of a very beautiful part of Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe