Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, great collection of Akubras! I wonder, was that bolo made by your wife? I like it very much.

The bolo is from the early 70s, Navajo made. It arrived yesterday in rather pathetic condition. I was the only bidder on ebay, but I knew its potential. A bit of cleaning and buffing and now it looks mint

My wife makes necklaces, earrings, bracelets, brooches, etc. Bolos? Now there's an idea.

RJR

Hi Orangegrad,FYI....my wife is quite a collector of Native-American jewelry and we spend a fair amount of time in the Southwest most winters.
Her favorite place is probably TUBAC,AZ.Look it up online for info.There are quite a number of artisans and at least one major show during the year.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Hi Orangegrad,FYI....my wife is quite a collector of Native-American jewelry and we spend a fair amount of time in the Southwest most winters.
Her favorite place is probably TUBAC,AZ.Look it up online for info.There are quite a number of artisans and at least one major show during the year.

Excellent. We'll be taking a trip out that way next spring. Will definitely visit there. Thanks!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bowler, That OR is fantastic. What is the brim size? As we talked last night I have been on a constant search for an OR style with a brim I can handle lol

Thanks! ;) I'm getting 2 7/8" for the brim. but this one was originally a long oval and maybe the lower telescope crease helps balance the appearance?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. My post finds me packing for my first trip to a gymnastics meet since my auto accident in late May. Early morning will find me flying to Chicago for the Secret Chicago Classic Gymnastics Meet. I am still a bit hobbled and recovering so I will be audience for other coaches who will work with our gymnasts. I am considering which hat to wear and travel with. Hmmm.........what hat should I wear? Perhaps you share the sentiment that it is really nice to have choices.

Catching up: Today I wore my VS Executive in bluesmoke colored felt and a Pendleton 49'ers jacket in the 63'F temps to the gym.

IMG_5635-L.jpg

Yesterday: I wore my "new" Adams stratoliner clone in brown. The hat arrived in last month and I have not gotten around to opening the box until this week. I was very pleased when opening the box. Hopefully the pics show that it is choclate brown and the felt and sweatband are immaculate. It does not have any manufacturer label to identify the model. It is truly a thin ribbon in the mode of a Stetson Stratoliner.

IMG_5643-M.jpg

IMG_5645-M.jpg

IMG_5646-M.jpg

I have treated the leather band with some conditioner and will need to add some steam to get the "snap" back in the front brim. I realy like it and can see many future opportunites to wear this fedora.

Yesterday evening
as the sun was waning, I doned my VS Stratoliner inspired fedora in sage for a trip down to the boathouse. The flowers in the yard are showing their summer blooms.

IMG_5656-M.jpg

Enjoying the prospect of an athletic competition, Eric -

Last edited:
Good to see you back on the road, Eric. Whichever hat you chose, you will look marvelous.

A couple of quickies... yesterday's yeddo straw boater.

072513.jpg

and today's Lee panama.

072613.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks Richard!

Nice hommie John.

Thank you. I'm traveling in SF today, and although it seems strange, the undeniable fact of the matter is that the girl with the blue hair and the naked guy on the street down here on the Embarcadero don't seem to draw a second glance, but I'm catching smirks right and left in my corduroy jacket, shirt, tie and homburg. I guess I'm just 60 years late to the party...

View attachment 2970

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice hommie John.

+1! looks great.

Eric, you are looking sharp and classy as ever. Beautiful Adam Strat clone.

Nice straws, Alan. I like the gentle curve on the yeddo brim.

Joao, the black gold is really nice. I always feel more western in the summer time, and get envious of your lids!

Mr. Hedberg, that is one fine portrait-- very cool!

John Galt

Vendor
Hmmm.........what hat should I wear?

I am a huge fan of the Strat & clones. They truly are a versatile hat for almost any occasion. I like to tweak the brim a little western sometimes, and have one that I put a little bit of a pencil roll to and always wear that way. It looks very good on you...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments guys. Packing complete, dinner complete and settling down for the evening her in Minnesota.

With the temps in the low 60's, the weather is perfect to take my VS Executive in silverbelly on an excursion thru the yard. I think this hat will travel in the AM.

IMG_5664-M.jpg

IMG_5665-M.jpg

Good night folks. Best wishes, Eric -

g.durand

One Too Many
Thank you. I'm traveling in SF today, and although it seems strange, the undeniable fact of the matter is that the girl with the blue hair and the naked guy on the street down here on the Embarcadero don't seem to draw a second glance, but I'm catching smirks right and left in my corduroy jacket, shirt, tie and homburg. I guess I'm just 60 years late to the party...

Just ignore them JG--I work in the City every day and you just have to realize you're part of the show. So I decided to stand out in my own way by wearing fedoras and dressing moderately well, which isn't hard to do considering the bar has been lowered so much.

g.durand

One Too Many
Eric--the Adam OR clone is a standout. Great color, too.

Alan--and so is the Lee.

Joao--there is a contemporary artfulness to your photos and you wear your Westerns well.

BJ--proof that black hats are as good as any other.

G.D. - The Adam exec looks good - is there that much contrast between brim binding and ribbon in life?

Richard, I suppose the answer depends on which hat you have on at the time;)

Borsalino Light Weight today, driving dangerously again with a camera in one hand and my eyes off the road.
Photo1-151_zpsf2adc21b.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
G, be careful, better is with two hands, lovely Borsalino today!

Eric, that sounds great, what ever you choose it will look great on you, enjoy your trip!

JohnG, fine Homburg and well dressed with the Homburg on your head!

BJ, fine fed, looks great on you!

Joao, nice photo with your 20x, looks great with the sun effect!

Alan, great hats, both. Sharp lee for today!

Andy, thanks for the Info, I think your wife will do it great If she decided to make Bolos!

Jeff, looks good after stretching, nice OR!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe