Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Too Many
DSC_7342.jpg

Friday 'noon: Friendly fighting with "Shaglino" ¡¡¡ My lovely old dog wich lives in 5th. flat and when I back home and am 200 yd. far begins barking ¡¡¡

Last edited:
Thanks and yes I do. I have about 150 vintage telephones.

Really nice. I note the vintage telephone in the back ground, do you collect them????

Thanks!

I approve! Looks great!

Thank you! I've been really wanting something a little less formal than my New Yorker and I think the Stratoliner really conveys a casual feel, while still showing a good touch of class.

Damn Tom N... I like the change. Well done!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
150719541, nice photo with your dog and nice hat too, coach!

LoveMyHats2, lovely Dobbs, looks good!

Tom, congrats to the new Strat. You wear him well!

Sam, great looking hat, but I can see a big stain, in the front area.?

Eric, fantastic hat your Wanderer, you look very good with it!

David, sharp looking new Whippet, congrats again. Sits perfect!

Alan, stunning hat! A Stetson? Equal, whatever it is you look so good with him!

Mystic

Practically Family
Another great week of hats ! How can anyone resist the classic vintage fedora look? :biggrin2:

Starting off the weekend with the 'Ol' standby go with everything'.....Chocolate Brown Whippet.
IMG_0921.jpg
[/IMG]

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hi Everyone ,I trust we all had a good day ?

My day started off good and just kept getting better.
I started off the day hitt'in up my tailor and then the thrift shops !

Scored a really nice double breasted grey overcoat , but thats a post and story for another thread here on the Forum.

I started out the day with a brown fedora but after the mailman came late this afternoon I wound up with a silver belly (thats what it stated on the inner part of the sweatliner but didn't look it in the ebay ad.) stratoliner and man I am hooked , from here on out thats what I 'm goona be lookin for , and I sniped this one at the very last minute of the auction for $66.43 + $5.99 s+h = $72.42total so I feel good about it , only two very small drop type stains and I'll get them out .

I think the stratoliner changed my "look" big time from in the morning with a fedora ,to later that day with the stratoliner.

I guess I can now say I'm a member of the "club" ! :eusa_clap

All the Best , Fashion Frank

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1335.jpg

DSCN1336.jpg

DSCN1340.jpg

DSCN1341.jpg

DSCN1343.jpg

This is how the stratoliner looked on ebay it doesn't even look like a silver belly , I am tickled pink !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271115116504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My neice had to get in on the act with one of my many grey fedoras, but man I love this stratoliner !

DSCN1329.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the Stratoliner looks great, Frank. I'm with Rusty, get a nice pinch in the front which will bring out the character in the hat.

Silverbelly is a versatile colour, it will go well with a lot of your outfits.

I'd let your niece keep the narrow brim hat so you have room for some more wider brims. :)

howardeye

Practically Family
Wearing my eBay treasure Herbert Johnson Homburg I received today in the mail. Don't know how old it is is but the box looks very old and the hat looks new! What a beauty! The best Homburg I have yet. Black and not too wide. On my way to a Biker Bash. Hope I don't get any beer splashed on it, from someone else of course.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Wearing my eBay treasure Herbert Johnson Homburg I received today in the mail. Don't know how old it is is but the box looks very old and the hat looks new! What a beauty! The best Homburg I have yet. Black and not too wide. On my way to a Biker Bash. Hope I don't get any beer splashed on it, from someone else of course.

Congrat's on the Homburg , I now have three of them ,black grey , and tan I like the look of them and I love to wear my black one with a good pinstripe suit , oh and by the way it fits your face , good luck , and also thanks to everyone for the comments on my new stratoliner , I just love it !

All the Best , Fashion Frank

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
+1 on the Homburg, Howard. Happy to see another one with casual wear. I'm actually wearing my Cavanagh Homburg today too! HJ made some fine lids back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82