Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
David: That eggplant felt is sublime!

Lauro: I have a very similar Stetson stingy actually. Looking good!

Flere: Welcome aboard to the lounge! You're off to a good start in that Borso.

Randall: a very noir-ish pic, but I like the look!

Robert: Nice playboy! I have one that needs a reblock, I may send it to Optimo as well....

Manfred: the color of that Huckel really works for you! I like the ribbon and binding on that one as well.

For me, I'm doing the 'casual Homburg' look again in my Cavanagh:
20121110_140409.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking very spiffy, David. the mustache looks good on you!

Thanks, Randall. The mustache is only there for Movember - think so anyway!

David, very good choice for a trip, looks good!

Thank you, Manfred - that Huckel is perfect for you.

It's great to see all these Eggplants showing up-- jlee, yours was one of the seeds for my Falcon Park. I really like the ribbon on yours, David.

Cheers, Jeff. I love the ribbon work on both the hats that Bob has made for me.

David: your spoiled, too many outstanding lids :)

Thanks, Javier. I've certainly been very lucky in getting some nice hats to wear.

David, Eggplant yum ! you & Jared got the goods & dig the bow 3-D effects looks better than the pics on the Black Sheep site..
say Philly get a real Cheese steak for me with all the fixins !! hey is that a Over head wire for streetcars behind you ? Enjoy your trip .

Although we are often here in Philly (our daughter is at school here) I'm not a cheesesteak fan. Did stand in the long line at Gino's Steaks back when we lived in the area years ago - was never bothered about going back for more.

The lines you see in my photo are not for streetcars, but they do still use them in some parts of the city. They run both on the streets and underground - we sometimes get the trolley from University City back to Center City. Here's a photo of a current Philly version - not as cool as the ones you hang with...

nearS34.jpg

Lauro - love the shot with your doggie, very cool! Your store looks really interesting as well.

Flere - a welcome from me as well! Can't beat a Borsalino.

Jared - thanks. The Casual Homburg looks works really well for you!

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge Flere and nice look'n borsy, you wear it well.

+1

Lauro, thanks for the shop picture! Good explanation re: mass-produced vs. historically and locally interesting products, too. I'll definitely drop in next time down, pick up some new knowledge, a t-shirt, and pet that cute buddy of yours.

Thanks Mike, cheap hats and being comfortable flying economy is the saving grace to being child sized! My folks and I have owned a restaurant in SF for the past 18 years but in my spare time I have a tiny shop in Hayes Valley where I design and sell t-shirts that deal with SF history. Used to freelance doing tees for GAP and Levis and got tired of doing mass produced commercial stuff with not too much meaning so the stuff I make and sell now has to connect somehow historically to the city. Not a lot of money in it but it's fun and hopefully customers walk away having learned some history. Don't know if it's ok cause it's not hat related but below is a pic of the

5C4691CD-8407-4B5C-AD41-669F79C812E5-2536-000001344D8EE9B8.jpg

Hi lauro13
Great looking shop. Do you stock any items from the Joe Montana era with the 49ers? Better yet any Montana items?
Best regards
CCJ

seabass

Call Me a Cab
David
Thanks for posting the SEPTA LRV (light rail Vechicle) very cool
I used to troubleshoot LRV's & spent 4 years in the subway (blah) At work we couple up 2 LRV car's & run them through tighter streets than the pic you provided thats 150 ft of train at 78k lbs each
Ill stick to the Vintage Cars more Fun !
looks like a great time your visit to your Daughter & i did enjoy the nite-life pic you posted last night with your Wife, Enjoy Amigo
Im a cheese steak fan & a rail fan along with hats !

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Caren and I after dinner at the Drexel iSchool

Stetson Whippet

smugshot_9715731-L.jpg
Looking good in Philly, my sister went to LaSalle and tried to visit her frequently just so I could hang out in Philly, awesome city! Enjoy the rest of your visit!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
David & Splinter
Lookinnnnnnn Gooooood !
David,
Drexel Good for you & the Kid ! cool whippet Ihave to clean & flaten my whippet you 2 look great !
Splinter,
Grandma is sharp,, take her somewhere nice Kid !

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, Che, Jared, Javier, Jeff and danofarlington, thank you so much for the kind words about the Hückel. It's one of my favorite Hats too.
Che, some photos for you!
Hückel Foulard
hueckelfoulard.jpg

Splinter, great Grandma, she wear the Stetson well!

David, wonderful photo, you with Caren, a lovely couple.

Jared, sharp Homburger, you look good with that!

Flere, nice Borsalino, fits you great! Welcome on board!

Lauro, nice looking Stetson, those stingys looks good on you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe