Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve and Che, thanks, guys, for the nice comments! It's much appreciated.

Today, Iltis Homburg from 1949

wear146.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the photo with Caren. We always enjoy getting to vist with our daughter.

Back to the office today and I decided to start the new week with my Dobbs 20.

smugshot_6505725-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Always great to see that VS Max--one of my favorites on the lounge. Nice ensemble, too!

Great Dobbs, too, David! Is that bluish, or just the morning light affecting the color?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Over the weekend:

Ironically, out to see some friends play jazz in my recently acquired Stetson Nutria Quality.

0022op.jpg

And then out to see some colleagues play string quartets of Mozart, Haydn, and Ives. Taking the cue from Manfred and Jared in my Lee silver label "dusty sage" colored homburg.

0035tr.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Splinter, thank you for the nice comment! It's appreciated.

Jeff, nice ones for the weekend, both looks great!

Sam, fantastic color on the Max. Looks great on you!

David, sharp Dobbs, you look good with that!

Tom, the Hat looks great, the photo a little bit blurry and dark!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my new-to-me late 40's/early 50's Stephen L. Stetson with a Carter Detachable Sweatband. Because the sweat was still so pliable and soft, I decided for the first time to try and remove a carter sweatband using the button holes. It worked perfectly! What a wonderful idea. The sweatband attaches with 5 very flat buttons and acts as a floating sweatband similar to a Resistol Self Conforming. This hat is by far one of the most comfortable that I own. Thanks so much, Mike!!

At one point in this hats history, the brim was trimmed down. I'm not sure how wide it was originally, but its was trimmed down to 2 1/8. The cut wasn't bad but needed some sanding around the edges, so I went around with 100 grit to smooth the sharp points out, and then again with 600 for a velvety finish.

DSC08080.jpg

DSC08081.jpg

DSC08082.jpg

stephen4.jpg

AND the Douglas.........

stephen1.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Case, that is one wild ribbon!

Full spectrum musical weekend, Jeff, especially if at some point you had the blues.

Josh, that SS really shines on you. I love that liner motto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe