Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
That must have been a fascinating place to spend a summer, HatsRme. Yes, the Ancienne Medina was just the place where non-Europeans lived, as I understand it. Nothing in Casablanca is really ancient, compared to Egypt or Israel, but that part seems to be a bit older than the rest.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Bill, we spent the night in Atlanta and plan a slow trip back to Covington. Gonna check out some of the places we saw on the way down.
The back of Mikes Ford is full of vintage hat equipment. I can say one item is a Doran Brothers crown iron with original stand!
The items were from Dukes Hats and Clothing Store originally in Newark NJ. ''Duke" DeConna was the owner and retired to Florida.
I havent found much on the store but maybe you and Robert can dig something up.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Not today's photo, but this is what I've been wearing for the past few days. WPG's reproduction 1911 campaign hat.
100_7604.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, nice photos and a beauty Hat.

Alan, Ipersca from Borsalino, what wonderful name for a splendid hat!

O-Guy, the last days for Panamas, enjoy your nice Hat!

Rusty, ah, the Hat with brim all sides down. You wear him very well!

Dan, nice repro Hat, looks good on you!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Photobucket was having upload issues yesterday, so this is yesterday's hat. My Stetson ORs had been getting a lot of head time, so my Resistol OR clone, Hollywood brim, got a day out (on the job here, delivering flowers):
20120914_171211_edit0.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Busy day = tired and needing to sit and rest. Bolder Dash 10K Run, Harriet Island, MPLS., at 8:30am, coaching at the gym (til 1:30) and back home to exercise the dogs(til 2:30pm). I need to practice the guitar for tonight's playing in public.

IMG2822-M.jpg

Bushed, but need to push on. Wearing my Stetson Stratoliner with a marvelous brown felt this afternoon playing my guitar in the boat house. I believe that I am a hit with the dogs.

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
BR; Sharp milan. The lines of the front of the hat are subtle and classy. I tried to blow up the pic and see the details of the weave. After some effort I visitied the Optimo website and am totally enjoying the woven hats. Boy howdy, do they have classy milans. I look forward to seeing more of the milan in your pics.

Eric -

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Jared, I'm diggin' that bodacious brim! (I delivered flowers as one of my many college-era jobs. Only remaining memory is some guy apologizing to his wife for who-knows-what by having a dozen roses show up every 30 minutes for SIX HOURS! I got to know her a bit by the end.)

Eric, few things beat a dog's devotion. I'm sure you're a regular Segovia on that guitar!

Nice milan, BR; goes perfectly with the authorial 'stache.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, few things beat a dog's devotion. I'm sure you're a regular Segovia on that guitar!

Nice milan, BR; goes perfectly with the authorial 'stache.

Randall; Segovia is in a different league, I dream of being a regular Big Bill Broonzy! Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Lightnin Hopkins, Blind Blake, Willie Johnson, Willie McTell, Bo Carter, Willie Johnson, Curley Waever, Fury Lewis, Gary Davis, Robert Johnson, and of course Miss.Joh Hurt. I dream big!

BR; Randall I need to add that you are a cut a stately figure sir!

Eric -

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Eric- I knew I liked you. I'm a lifelong guitar player myself. Mostly acoustic, but every once in awhile I plug in and crank it up a bit. Got the chance last year to get back together with old friends and play for a busload of high school classmates at our 40th reunion. A real highlight for me.

LOVE playing blues but I also play a lot of Beatles, Stones, CSN&Y, etc.

Hope we get the chance to meet up one of these days.

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Eric, The Stratoliner is a beautiful hat, one that's on my wish list.
I'm exhausted just reading about your day.

Eric, Randall, Thank you for the comments about my new milan. I do wish that I had purchased it earlier in the year. It's a great summer hat, I think that it may be even more comfortable than my panamas.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats on the lounge today.

We've spent the latter half of Felt Hat day in the city of John B Stetson Co, getting Amelia back to school at Drexel.

Both hats I brought along were made here in Philadelphia, this one a Stratoliner. .

smugshot6726488-L.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe