Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
4F8A4FF9-252A-49BE-AC2F-B335ED0768CE-386-00000051C44E779E.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Nice Scouter Campaign hat Rob = very official & dig that Eagle Scout knot!
I think you can definitely handle more brim. I like that "Clipper" looking Fed4 you have on. Seeing the Raiders in IMAX, the hats never looked better on that large High Def screen! Really like the gray hat on the plane & at the end on the steps.

Thanks, it's not an "official" scout hat, it's a '40's (i think) stetson nutria quality. the scout shop sells the pin and band for $14, so for about 3/4 of the official hat, I have something that will last my lifetime and hopefully my son's if he stays in scouting. glad you noticed the knot, I assume you were a scouter in a past life?

I seriously need to email that IJ comment to my wife. I wore it last weekend when I took her and the kids to see Raiders, she thought I was being "ridiculous" and no one even knows there's a different hat. we went to a 4pm show and there was a guy in full costume all the way down to the wested jacket and the empty holster, it was an incredible costume. when I saw him I leaned over and said "see it could be worse", she didn't complain about my hat the rest of the day :)

...I assume you were a scouter in a past life?

Currently am a Scouter = Chattahoochee District Advancement Committee, Life to Eagle Coordinator. Got that same knot above my pocket. I am an Eagle, my son is an Eagle & my brother is an Eagle. Soar on!

Started as Bear Den Leader then Assistant Scout Master when son crossed over. He's aged out but I'm still giving back....

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, that looks good! Very sporty!

Rusty, safe travel!

Case, that's a good looking Velour!

Rob, nice campaign hat. The Uniform stand you great!

Alive, sharp Hat this cavanagh!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Perfect Fall morning meant that the dogs and I went for a much longer jaunt. Roses are giving blossoms a final go. They are smelling great. You just can't but spend time looking at the horizon.

IMG2816-M.jpg

IMG2812-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(VS silverbelly)

very cool! after I turned 18 I strayed away from the troop when I went to college. when my son started 1st grade, I became the Tiger den leader, now I'm the wolf den leader and cub master. depending on how far my son goes, I had thought about going to council when he transitions to boy scouts. but i'm one of "those parents" whether it's scouts, sports, or school plays, I'm always there lending a hand.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Currently am a Scouter = Chattahoochee District Advancement Committee, Life to Eagle Coordinator. Got that same knot above my pocket. I am an Eagle, my son is an Eagle & my brother is an Eagle. Soar on!

Another Eagle w/other knots here on the forum. I have 2 other brothers who are Eagles. Troop 8 rocked! I still include Eagle Scout on my Curriculum Vitea.

The adult leaders and Troop define the scouting experience. Great adult leaders and Troops develop powerful leaders and successful, determined and motivated youth. Cheers to all of the adult leaders in the Fedora Lounge.

Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent! - Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; Darn that is a flattering shot of you and the hat! Thanks for sharing.

A & A; Nice look. You have captured a style.

Case; Nice pic.

Rob; The Scout hat I was never comfortable. You look good and even comfortable! Nice Akubra.

Eric -

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
End of summer and the weather forecast looks like down into the 70's for a week or so and then 60's so I just had to get another day in with a Panama and Hawaiian shirt before felt season starts........

A Tom Gomez ribbon on a PB Panama...

I must admit that I did receive 3 compliments form strangers on this hat today..

30sc3lf.jpg

2z9bket.jpg

The old walls of "Ancienne Medina" in modern day Casablanca:
DSCN6714.jpg

The train station at Casablanca...yes, THAT train station, but Bogie was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't raining:
DSCN6789.jpg

an old Spanish fort at the top of the hill of Tangiers (they spell it Tanger):
DSCN7055.jpg

still the same old fort/castle:
DSCN7065.jpg

a snake charmer in Tanger:
DSCN7066.jpg

DSCN7069.jpg

moving on to Rabat, the capital of Morocco, in the old market place:
DSCN7173.jpg

more of the casbah of Rabat:
DSCN7290.jpg

DSCN7420.jpg

I never got the name of this fort, above the city of Rabat. Notice the woman in the burqa off to one side. We're not in Kansas any more, Toto:
DSCN7307.jpg

Wow, Blackthorn! Great shots!! Great Hat! Off topic, but... My folks lived in Morocco for five years in the seventies. I was in college, but visited for a few months in the summer of '75. Everything now looks the SAME! (That woman in the burka even looked familiar...LOL!) If memory serves, the Medina is simply the old part(s) of the city, or market areas. The "castle" you referred to is, indeed, the Casbah! We had a home 25 kilometers north of Rabat in Kenitra. Thanks for the update!

RBH

Bartender
floridak.jpg

Wearing my Buckaroo Playboy heading back from a picking road trip in Florida with Major Moore.
He hit paydirt with some cool vintage hatters equiptment that was originally from Newark NJ.
When we get back home on Sunday I plan to start a thread with the cool finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe