Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Stuck with this Hi-brehm loden fedorized western today. (Alan, this is such a great lid!)

001copyq.jpg

By the way, Javier-- I never saw Van Helsing, but I've seen photos of the hat reproductions on Baron Hats' website. That thing is over the top!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
David: Give your derby a bit more time, and wear an expression other than your skeptical one today. lol

You can pull it off with aplomb.

Jeff: You do not use the name bowlerman in vain! The loden looks especially beautiful in the sunlight.

EggHead

Practically Family
Superbowl?

You're telling me!
imgp9464.jpg

In many ways I wish I had discovered this lounge (and soft hats) before discovering derbies!

I agree with Alan-- you could certainly pull it off!

Plus, the weight and stiffness can be of considerable favor when the winds are howling-- my bowlers never even begin to blow off my head!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, great Western, very photogenic.

David, very nice, you often wear it, it fits from time to time better

Jeff, the hat from the darkness, looks very good, in light.

Marc, very nice cap, looks great on you.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
AL, Manfred - thanks for the derby thoughts. I will give it some time and see how the fit works out.

Jeff - amazing, mate! I hope at least one of them fits perfectly.

Today, right back in the comfort zone with a nice Stratoliner.

smugshot3068063-L.jpg

Alan: Thanks, and I meant to congratulate you on your exhibition. Those images of yours are other worldly, and I am disappointed to have missed attending the event. The thin ribbon is a godchild of yours of sorts, my Barbisio "Lugano", of course!

Aha, thanks... I wasn't sure. These early Italian westerns are something very special... an elegant twist on their American inspiration. The Barbisio looks fantastic. And no worries on missing the show... it runs into April. :)

Great hats from the Strat Pack, David and Mike. Manfred, that Borso was one helluva good buy.

Jeff, I am very happy you wound up with the Hi-Brehm. It looks fantastic on you. I love the bowler sculpture, too. ;)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
"superbowl." heh. that's funny, Egghead!

Beautiful Strats fellas; I always envy!

Manfred, that's a brown borsalino bargain bin beauty you've got there! looks great.

jbucklin-- That Film really grabs my attention; must be a head turner! Does that model have straighter sides than the other modern borsos?

Today, my Lee Trinity w/backbow, in a very difficult to photograph and describe color (purplebrowngrey?). I"m trying to shrink the sweatband a little so I don't have to pad it so much.

003copyn.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
"jbucklin-- That Film really grabs my attention; must be a head turner! Does that model have straighter sides than the other modern borsos?"

Here's a pic to show how straight the sides are:
Photo271.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, Jeff, Perry, thanks for the very kind words. I really appreciate them.

JB, great looking Borso today. Light gray?

Jeff, your backbow Lee Trinity is a real beauty. I think, with the backbow It is very rare.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
David, Mike: Love the Strat parade today.

Manfred: Your Borsalino is a black beauty. It looks great on you, irrespective of cost.

jbucklin: You wear that Borsalino Film very well. I like the blocking on this hat.

Jeff: The Lee Trinity is a fine hat, and your back-bow example looks fantastic. May we see a posterior shot of you wearing the lid?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
VS with yet another silver/gray ribbon. I found a yard of this gorgeous, 50s French grosgrain yesterday and I think it looks nice on it.

38b5b0e9.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe