Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing a new/old western that came to me courtesy of a FL star. (Thank you, Zetwal.)

5x26.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much, gentlemen. :yo:

Jeff: Glad to have you along, but trust me, the food tasted much better than my pictures could ever hope convey.

EggHead: I am indeed fortunate. It helps immensely that both Lydia and Ryan share my passion for art and photography.

Perry: Payback for the delicious hats you post daily. ;) lol

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David-- Let's see a head-on (no pun intended!) shot of that bowler. You can definitely give me a run for my money. Nice cap this morning, too, even if you don't look all that thrilled about the wind!

Look at your own risk, Jeff!!

The hat is fitting better this evening, still too tight fore and aft with space at the sides. It's getting there though. I really don't think this is my style, but it might be growing on me slowly. To me I look really odd with such a tiny brim.

photo33-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Only just had the chance to look through your new photos, AL. Outstanding, as always.

I'm ready for fish & Chips and a couple of beers at The Anchor!

The hat is fitting better this evening, still too tight fore and aft with space at the sides. It's getting there though. I really don't think this is my style, but it might be growing on me slowly. To me I look really odd with such a tiny brim.

photo33-L.jpg

It's really hard to move the shape much in a derby. The hunt for the perfect fitting derby can take a hatrack full! Still, I think you can pull this look off, David! :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Alan. Yes, I'm already noticing that changing the shape of these hats isn't so simple.

Having said that, after having the hat sitting on my bandblock all day, it is certainly better. I'll leave it for longer and see what happens, otherwise I'll either keep it as an interesting display or pass it along.

I'm thinking back to the comfort zone tomorrow!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's really hard to move the shape much in a derby. The hunt for the perfect fitting derby can take a hatrack full! Still, I think you can pull this look off, David! :)

You're telling me!
imgp9464.jpg

In many ways I wish I had discovered this lounge (and soft hats) before discovering derbies!

I agree with Alan-- you could certainly pull it off!

Plus, the weight and stiffness can be of considerable favor when the winds are howling-- my bowlers never even begin to blow off my head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe