Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I love the stetson, Al. I though that brim treatment was the waffle-edge, no? or the waffle edge had the triple stitch diferenciating it from the selv-edge?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Borso love guys - plenty more to come. AL, I believe the colour on this one is indeed Avorio, the label is hard to read though.

Mike - that Mallory has to be one of my favorites among your hats.

Perry - super Caxton. The only other one I've seen is the one that AL has.

Ale - Worth & Worth should hire you to model their hats.

AL - your hat acquisitions from the weekend are fantastic.

Tom - is the Wanderer from Art new? I dont recall seeing it before. Great hat!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
NRA era Dobbs, a very sweet hat.

18424d70-1-1-1.jpg

Tom - is the Wanderer from Art new? I dont recall seeing it before. Great hat!

Not new David. I had Art make it right before FedoraFest 2 in Monteagle, TN but airlines were charging for additional baggage by then so it didn't ship until afterwards.
Thanks. It is an ArtLite, Pecan with 2 3/4 inch bound brim, matching Playboy style ribbon treatment = all modeled after the Stetson Wanderer pictured in my avatar.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tan Lee All American - appropriate this morning. This is a 50's version. I am fortunate to select between this and a cream version.

Photo-on-2011-12-12-at-1217-5-M.jpg

This weekend was the MN State Gymnastics Championships (Level 5&6). Our gym has some new state champions(events and AA). Not All Americans - but in the gym's and parents eye's - YES! Selecting the hat was entertaining and amusing to myself. Non-hat folks not so entertaining. I tried to explain the hat and selection to a former work mate I met for coffee early morning. He nodded his head politely. (A Fortune 100 Corp. America fellow who does not understand my athletic passions, but yet is highly competitive.)

The liner is spotless.

Photo-on-2011-12-12-at-1229-3-M.jpg

The hat has 2 small moth bites on the rear of the hat. Small enough not to worry about as the tan color (the pics show whiter than the hat truly is) conceals the small insect scars.

Photo-on-2011-12-12-at-1231-4-M.jpg

Enjoying the quiet morning after the hub-ub of the meet weekend in my Lee.

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
More than appropriate to wear a wafer edge to Waffle House!!!!!

Guys, after having amazing home made waffles for breakfast, they're the only thing I've been able to think about since then. In fact W&W should stand for waffle&waffle, today! lol lol

Last edited:
Absolutely fab collection of hats today... love 'em all.

Zetwal, someday we have to see one that's not sweet from you! Great creamy Lee, Eric.

Robert, every time I see someone post that they're thinking of trimming the brim on some recent acquisition, I fear that I'm going to buy it by mistake sometime down the road... lovely crown and inside.

And AL... also speechless on your good fortune in the local markets. Incredible haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld