Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Mallory, Mike,
Another nice Borso, Dave.
Alan, you're much too cheerful in that campaign hat, looking good as usual.
pw058.jpg

Caxton today.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking lid, Ale -- and suits you well.

Nice round of thin-ribbons this morning guys -- and a nice Caxton, Perry!

Cheers,
JtL

delectans

Call Me a Cab
An excellent start to the week, gentlemen!

Jeff: The Holidays are always busy for musicians, but five concerts over the weekend?! You definitely need some downtime. I really like this Lord's hat on you.

David: Lovely Avorio? Alessandria. Looking forward to being treated to an entire week of Borsalinos.

Mike: That Mallory looks very, very good on you.

Perry: I really love that beautiful Caxton of yours. Fantastic lid.

Ale: Gorgeous hat, that Worth&Worth. Silverbelly?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Weekend Windfall

Saturday morning dawned bitterly cold. As the Winter Solstice approached, the feeble sunshine did little in providing any warmth. I thought it appropriate to wear the Borsalino 'Angora' I picked up for a song just a few weekends ago.

Just last weekend we stopped by the antiques mall where I bought the 'Angora', and would you believe, upon the same little hat stand, sat yet another Borsalino, an Alessandria. Lydia followed up with a phone call to the dealer, and we returned on Saturday, for a third time in as many weeks, to look at the cache of vintage hats the dealer brought in for me. This is another nice Borsalino Alessandria, in Avorio.

Ca. 1930s Penn Craft Derby, size 7-1/2, with Stetson Philadelphia re-order tag. Penn Craft was a subsidiary/division of Stetson.

Relaxing at Barnes & Noble while waiting for Ryan during his violin lesson. I bought two other lids from the dealer on Saturday...

...a mid-late '50s back-bow Royal Deluxe Stetson, with what appears to be a later version of the Selv-Edge, in a beautiful color that I think may possibly be 'Sky Grey'. Ryan has already appropriated this lid for his own use.

Sunday morning. Sporting the Mallory Ten, the last of the four lids I picked up.

I will post better photos of all of the hats eventually in the appropriate threads.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Al, I don't know what to say....I'm speechless!! That's an incredible haul!! That Angora has a phenomenal finish, but my favorite by far is that Mallory 10. The burgundy ribbon with the grey felt is awesome by itself, but that golden brim stitching just brings the hat up a whole other notch. Excellent!!! You have acquired quite a wonderful collection. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld