Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amador

A-List Customer
Todays Hat is for some windy cold weather, my Fed IV in black since I am not Adventuring around town today.

6385418049_87570fa927_z.jpg

6385400771_6e9895a1e5_z.jpg

LOTS of Akubras? A Warren, Trip, Bury, Colony, Trace, Herd, Down, Husk.
I like "A Waren of Akubras". We may have to resort to the Austrailian Aboriginal for a Collection of Head Coverings since the word Akubra has those underpinnings.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Tumwater Tuesday love today guys!

SBG - looking good in the City Strat, Eric

Alan - your photos are exactly what I pictured in my mind when I saw that nice Stetson drifting, homeless in the bay.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Took a tasting trip to one of our local wineries this afternoon, Melrose Vineyards. Perfect weather to test out my new Portis bowler. The resident dogs seemed unfazed by my choice:

9924ecc41a55754a1322008997.jpeg

The gift shop carries some very tasteful merchandise:

7674ecc424895e5b1322009160.jpeg

Superb Tempranillo, nonetheless.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Portis Bowler looks good on you, Randall.

How are the Oregon wineries doing in the tough economy? I'd like to spend some time there tasting those great Pinot Noirs.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Randall. Everything about that photo is inspiring! The hat looks superb, totally natural. Please post more pics!
What's the verdict on the wine? Anything we should look out for?

Thanks for the nods on the old Stetson western... I think I will take that one along on our holiday travels.

Enjoy a well hatted and well rested Thanksgiving, everyone.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful noir shot David! :)

Alan-- that is one awesome Stetson. I love the ole ribbon as is, too! Laura, the master hatter at Montana Peaks Hats, made one for me with very similar style and colors a few years ago. She would call it a Gus crease with a slight Packer brim. My most expensive hat to date, and I only wear it occasionally to do yard work... If I knew then what I know now...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm just going to call this The Lord's Bowler until I'm convinced otherwise. This hat seems to conform pretty readily and doesn't need much training. I gave the brim a very slight shaping this afternoon before wearing it out to pick up the kids, which is really the only time I left the house today.

010copyw.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: The more I look at you wearing that No. 1 the more I think it is so YOU.

Randall: Fantastic photo, and congrats on finally tracking down that first derby...and what a beauty it is.

David: Good looking hat and chiaroscuro portrait.

Jeff: What an impressive lid. Technically a Lord's Hat, with the Homburg rather than Derby brim curl, sans binding, but worn open crown. Whatever we choose to call it, I like it, and it looks great on you!

Safe travels these coming few days, everyone!

DRB

One Too Many
Jeff: I love those bowlers/derby's you wear.
Here is one I like, it is I THINK from the movie Around the world in 80 days (not the 1956 version?).
80days-12.jpg

Here is one I made-beaver-, it is my rain hat. We had 3" of snow this morning and still coming down. You gotta love Vermont. In the background is a hat I am working on for my mother-in-law as a gift next month, made of 50% angora rabbit (super soft) and 50% extra fine merino wool.
Nov2320118a.jpg

pjt113

One of the Regulars
My new conversion, a Resistol Stagecoach, a masterful job done by Parker at Falcon Park Hattery, couldn't be happier with the way it came out!
DSCN2940.jpg

DSCN2941.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Running in prep for Thanksgiving Day - Flagship morning.

Up early to exercise the dogs and a run by myself. This followed by a Caribou Coffee run, grocery store run, hardware store run and back home. Amazing what how motivation to take advantage of down time can get me to get my chores done early. My Stetson Flagship accompanied on my frenzied pace of morning tasks.

Photo-on-2011-11-23-at-0841-2-S.jpg

I have showcased this hat before and am still enjoying the quality and style it allows me, a short balding guy.

Now some down time.....

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind remarks, folks!

Jeff, I'm not sure if Melrose utilizes a distributor, but I'll certainly look into it.

David, a wine-oriented trip to Oregon could be much fun. The best pinot noir country is the Willamette Valley, just north of me. You could spend days trying to visit all those wineries. Gorgeous countryside, too, of course.

pjt113, hard to believe that was once a Stagecoach!

SBG, you've motivated me to get moving this morning. Maybe after one more cup of joe . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld