Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanksgiving morning work hat

Happy Thanksgiving US FF folks!

Today found me taking on tasks that are not normal. Our lack of rain this month and the nearly 40-50' temps changed my typical Thanksgiving morning. Exercise meant a Stetson OR. Back home for food prep and then yard work. Yes, yard work - the warmer temps meant clean-up in the yard/beach/boat house that would have gotten done in the normally early season snows. I finished up and am watering the trees and shrubs. Lack of rain and warmer temps mean the yard needs a drink.

Photo-on-2011-11-24-at-1324-M.jpg

My 50's Royal Stetson gray with dark navy ribbon had me hatted instyle while my chores got tackled. Back in for food prep, shower and change of clothes in anticipation of 9 dinner guests. After dinner a bonfire will allow me to choose yet another hat. A glorious hat day.

I am very thankfull for all of my blessings. I hope and send you and your families many blessings for today and the upcoming winter season.

Best, Eric -

Yes that is a hat in a display holder. The hat company is Halban & Damask of Vienna but unfortunately I don't have one of their hats. The Melone on display is a JHS Wien (not Neutitschein) from the same time period (early 1900s).

4986790674_c77d6206bd_b.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Steve - that hat display is really cool!

Ed - super Borsalino.

Thin ribbon morning for me today, enjoying a glorious fall day with my dogs and my Campdraft

bgcd1125-L.jpg

Wow! Is that copper/brass?

It's brass with a copper coating. What is interesting is the company (TH. Hausermann & Co.) that made the display stand is still in business today. They make specialized printed circut boards which is a related process.

http://www.haeusermann.co.at/1,about/10,History/16,A-future-based-on-Experience

Success story of Häusermann

1907:
Company founded as Metallätzerei Vienna in
manufacturing all kinds of signs, particularly the manufacture of chemical engravings.

Last edited:

Link

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Lots of good hats recently. I may not post often, but I'm on here almost every day admiring and wishing.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recently acquired 50s Open Road ,been looking for this one for too long. started out Tan and after 50 plus years of being under the california sun it is now officially an Off White "Silverbelly" of the purest sense and Iam lovin it. (last pic shows tan color hat was and is under the crown)
IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld