Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Tumwater Tuesday

smugshot6325919-L.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Wearing my new Moonstone Fed IV:

Moon_Fed4.JPG

I posted this one in the new hats thread a few days back, but since then I've sanded the front and back down a touch, so they're just a tad over 2.5"; I prefer the more uniform brim width and it worked out really well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Tom and m0nk: both great Fed IVs, but the moonstone color looks different in each pic. Would you guys say the pics you posted are accurate representations of the moonstone? Could it be the ribbon/binding that makes the felt look so different?

JTOR-- that taupe fawn CD with cattleman's crease really works for you! You said it's a variation of the crease-- what did you do differently?

David-- If only everyone could participate in Tumwater Tuesday, but with monbla's bushman post, the 'kubra's are occupying Lounge street this week! :)

Tom and m0nk: both great Fed IVs, but the moonstone color looks different in each pic. Would you guys say the pics you posted are accurate representations of the moonstone? ...:)

Nope, my hat is darker than either photo posted when I hold it up to my screen. It is a great color that I WISH was offered for the Campdraft. I do love the Glen Grey but a Moonstone CD would be the berries!

m0nk

One Too Many
Nope, my hat is darker than either photo posted when I hold it up to my screen. It is a great color that I WISH was offered for the Campdraft. I do love the Glen Grey but a Moonstone CD would be the berries!
I agree fully. It appears darker in person than it does in the pics. I am very happy with the color.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
City hat

This morning I got a call that I was needed to asisst and fix some fencing. My brother and family are out of town and their horses broke down some fencing last evening. This morning, I wore rough clothes and went out early to work on fence repair. My brown 50 's Stetson Stratoliner kept my head comfy and styling when working. Work done, a change into city slacks, brown Strat on the back seat of my city car and on I doned my "city" hat. My 50's Strat. is my "city" hat, mostly by choice of color.

Saluting forum folks in my city hat. ;

Photo-on-2011-11-22-at-1131-S.jpg

Best wishes to all Fedora Forum folks, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Akubra's abound. Man I feel left out not having one. Nice hats Akubra gang. BTW, what is a bunch of Akubra's called? A gang, mob or troop?

David; You and your Tumwater make a classy pic.

Stetson No.1 Quality.

Ribbon has seen some time out on the range (as have I).

112211_1.jpg

Alan;
You wear the hat confidently and appear comforrtable in it. Well done sir! The marks on the ribbon are those of distinction. A stately hat worn "range ready."

Zetwall; Nice looking hat. I would be curious to see the hat on your head to get an idea of the dimensions. It looks, from the pics to be similar to a Strat.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
David: Good looking TW this morning.

zetwal: Beautiful old Mallory. Does it have a crown tip sticker?

Alan: That old No. 1 is tops!

Eric: What?, no VS today? lol Strats will do quite nicely. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld